WebStorm 2022.1 EAP #2: Improvements for Vue
WebStorm 2022.1 EAP build #2 is now available! To catch up on all the new features, check out our previous EAP blog posts.
If you’re not familiar with our Early Access Program, check out this blog post where we explain what the EAP is and why you should take part in it. TL;DR: aside from helping steer development in the direction you want, you can also get a free WebStorm license.
Important! WebStorm EAP builds are not fully tested and might be unstable.
Below you can find the biggest improvements available in WebStorm 2022.1 EAP #2. Please try them out and share your feedback with us.
Improvements for Vue
WebStorm 2022.1 comes with several improvements for Vue 3. If you define components as global, the IDE will now recognize them in your .vue files. WebStorm should also properly support the
createApp syntax. It will correctly match applications created using
createApp with their related elements.
This version also includes support for Nuxt 3, a new version of a popular Vue framework.
Version control improvements
Updated Annotate with Git Blame
We’ve improved the functionality of Annotate with Git Blame to make investigating introduced changes easier. The IDE highlights the differences in lines right in the editor when you hover on an annotation and opens the Log tab under the Git tool window when you click on it.
Git File History: new UI without index
The new UI for the Git File History tool window is now independent from the indexing process. The data is represented with a new interface even if the Log index is off.
Previously, for a file with an unindexed history, the IDE would display an old history view that was relatively slow and missing features.
Other notable changes
Here are some other notable changes available in this build:
- For projects hosted within WSL 2, WebStorm should no longer freeze when indexing files. This fix was also included in v2021.3.2 (IDEA-286059).
- Fixed several known issues with Tailwind CSS (WEB-52237, WEB-48964, WEB-54277, WEB-54445, and WEB-49734).
- Introduced new Enum and Enum member options in Preferences / Settings | Editor | Color Scheme | TypeScript. Their default values are inherited from Class for Enum and from Static member variables for Enum members (WEB-44897).
- Fixed the issue causing incorrect
ThisTypetype evaluation for contextual object literals (WEB-31737).
- Removed the Restart IDE… action from the File group under the main menu because it wasn’t actively used. You can still invoke it using the ⇧⌘A / Ctrl+Shift+A shortcut (IDEA-279530).
For the full list of the latest improvements available in WebStorm 2022.1 EAP #2, check out the release notes.
The WebStorm team
Subscribe to Blog updates
WebStorm 2024.1 EAP Digest #2: Documentation in Completion, Component Usages, JSX Structure, and More
Read our second 2024.1 EAP digest to learn about the latest changes to make it into the upcoming release.
WebStorm 2024.1 Early Access Program Is Now Open!
Our 2024.1 Early Access Program is now open! Read our first EAP digest to discover the latest enhancements in WebStorm.
WebStorm 2023.3 Release Candidate Is Here!
The WebStorm 2023.3 RC is now available! Read about some of the most exciting improvements making it into the release.