WebStorm 2022.3 Release Candidate Is Here
With the release date just around the corner, we’re happy to present the release candidate for WebStorm 2022.3. Unlike our previous EAP builds, you must have an active WebStorm license to use it. Otherwise, you’ll need to sign up for a 30-day free trial to install and run this build.
Let’s take a brief look at some of the most interesting improvements in v2022.3:
- Updated project templates: We’ve continued to work on updating WebStorm’s New Project wizard in the Welcome screen. There are now new project templates available for Vite and Next.js.
- Vitest support: We’ve added support for Vitest, a Vite-native unit test framework. You can now run, re-run, and debug your tests in all of the key ways you’d expect.
- Vue updates: WebStorm can now take care of unresolved imports and will offer suggestions for importing Vue components. We’ve also supported the props destructure syntax, improved the behavior of code completion and type checking for Vue library component props, and fixed several Nuxt 3 issues.
- Type narrowing in Angular templates: Angular has not been overlooked either as we’ve added support for type narrowing in Angular templates, which is a big step toward implementing strict mode support. In addition to this, WebStorm now excludes the
.angularcache folder from global searches to help provide better search results.
- New UI preview: One of the big pieces of news in this release – we’re ready to invite you to switch to the new UI we’ve been working on, give it a try, and share your feedback with us.
To find out what else we’ve implemented in WebStorm 2022.3, check out our previous EAP blog posts.
Please report any issues to our issue tracker, and stay tuned for the upcoming release announcement.
The WebStorm team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
WebStorm 2023.3 Release Candidate Is Here!
The WebStorm 2023.3 RC is now available! Read about some of the most exciting improvements making it into the release.
WebStorm 2023.3 EAP Digest #3: Angular, React, and Vue Improvements and More
Read our third 2023.3 EAP digest to learn about the latest changes in the upcoming release.
WebStorm 2023.3 EAP Digest #2: Improvements for Type Only Import, Angular, Svelte, and More
Read our second 2023.3 EAP digest to learn about the latest changes that will make it into the upcoming release.