AppCode 2017.1 EAP: override/implement improvements, better Swift 3 support and more!
Today we are starting the Early Access Program for AppCode 2017.1, and the first build is already available on our confluence page. This EAP does not require an active license, so you can use it for free until the build expiration date.
Swift 3 support
This build delivers the first part of Objective-C to Swift translation changes (SE-0005), including:
- Improved resolution of Objective-C method names in Swift.
- Initial support for the
swift_nameattribute, which can be used for nearly any code construct in Objective-C for specifying custom name to be used in Swift. Correct handling of this attribute also improves completion and navigation.
Note that support for these changes in refactorings/usages search is still in progress.
Another important change for mixed code projects is the implementation of SE-0033, which brings correct resolve for Objective-C constants aliased with the
For pure Swift projects, this build brings the following improvements:
- Correct parsing and resolution for operator functions together with the ability to generate them with the Implement action (
- Better resolution for init calls (OC-14591)
- SE-0037: Clarify interaction between comments & operators (OC-14761)
- SE-0096: Converting
dynamicTypefrom a property to an operator (OC-14105)
Override/Implement in Swift
A lot of improvements for Override/Implement (
^I) are now available in AppCode:
- Override/Implement popup shows members hierarchically (OC-14562):
- Designated/convenience/required initializers are marked with the appropriate keyword (OC-14534):
- Class methods in extensions are correctly overridden (OC-14538)
- Dynamic methods in extensions are offered for overriding (OC-14475)
- Static methods are not suggested anymore (OC-14415)
Remote Hosts Access
Simply add a server for sources synchronization in
Preferences | Build, Execution, Deployment | Deployment and setup directories you want to be uploaded on a particular server:
Then, select Upload to <servername> in the context menu and have your sources uploaded (or just enable automatic upload in
Preferences | Build, Execution, Deployment | Deployment | Options).
Like all IntelliJ-based products, AppCode now correctly renders emoji in the editor and IDE views:
The ability to insert emoji using the native emoji chooser is not yet implemented (if you need it, please vote for IDEA-164993.)
- SourceKit inspections and intentions are now available in the Swift plugin for CLion both on macOS and Linux.
- AppCode now creates a new Podfile using
pod initcommand (OC-14779).
- If you’re using Dvorak layout on macOS, you’ll be glad to know that keyboard shortcuts like
⌘+and others are now working properly with it (JRE-172).
- Zero-latency typing mode is enabled by default in the editor.
The full release notes are available here.
Your AppCode team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
AppCode 2023.1 Bug-Fix Update
Hi, AppCode 2023.1 has just been released with fixes for Xcode 14.3 compatibility, Swift refactorings and intentions, the IDE’s UI, and Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile. On December 14, 2022, along with the AppCode 2022.3 release, we sunsetted the product and stopped sales. While we’ve refocused the te…
AppCode 2023.1 Release Candidate
Hi, On December 14, 2022, along with the AppCode 2022.3 release, we sunsetted the product and stopped sales. While we’ve re-focused the team's efforts in other directions, we’ve kept providing technical support to our current users and are releasing bug-fix updates in 2023, targeting mostly the Xco…
AppCode 2022.3 Release and End of Sales and Support
AppCode 2022.3 has just been released. With the release of v2022.3, we are sunsetting the product.
AppCode 2022.3 Release Candidate Is Here
Hi everyone, The release of AppCode 2022.3 is approaching, and the release candidate (build 223.7571.233) is now available for download on our website. You need to have an active subscription or activate a free trial to use this build. The main highlights of this build include: We fixed the r…