JetBrains Announces Public Beta Releases: IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 and Innovative New TeamCity
New version of award-winning Java IDE, important new teamware product launched simultaneously into wide public beta.
July 27, 2006
Prague, Czech Republic, July 27, 2006 – JetBrains®, creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing applications, today announced the public beta release of its award-winning flagship IntelliJ® IDEA (version 6.0) Java IDE (integrated development environment). The company also launched its innovative new cross-platform team management system, JetBrains TeamCity™, into concurrent public beta release.
JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 and TeamCity are designed to function independently, but also integrate tightly when used together, raising developers’ productivity and code quality. IntelliJ IDEA, designed for individual Java developers, is a recognized innovation leader and winner of many industry awards. TeamCity, the new JetBrains teamware product, facilitates collaboration, raising productivity in development teams.
“We needed something that would boost the productivity of entire development teams the way IntelliJ IDEA does for our developers,” noted JetBrains’ Marketing Director, Alex Tkachman. “We found nothing that filled the bill, so we built TeamCity. As with IntelliJ IDEA, we began using TeamCity internally from the outset, and already it’s every bit as indispensable to our teams and our development as IntelliJ IDEA.”
Developers and others can download the beta versions of TeamCity (https://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/index.html) and IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 (https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/beta.html) with time-limited beta licenses.
About JetBrains TeamCity
JetBrains TeamCity is a new, IDE independent, integrated team environment targeted for both software developers and their managers, helping them to solve problems that typically bog down development teams. It increases the productivity of the entire team to the same levels that individual developers experience with IntelliJ IDEA.
TeamCity’s key benefits include:
- Continuous Integration Support — Integrate and remotely test code changes many times a day utilizing either JUnit (Java) or NUnit (.NET) testing frameworks
- Delayed Commit — Helps keep the code in version control clean and functioning at all times
- Effective Build Management — Includes powerful and intelligent Build Grid that allows running multiple builds and build types at a time, using any of these popular build tools: Ant, Maven, NAnt, MSBuild
- Code Coverage analysis — Reveals the extent of source code covered by tests
- Code Analysis — Remotely verifies source code
- Web-based Interface — Handle administration and configuration tasks, work with TeamCity features and view handy dashboard-based project reports using a web browser
IDEs can use TeamCity’s API to integrate with it, to provide easy switching from code integration and team activities to developer tasks and back. Developers can get information about build results right in the IDE, quickly navigate to the code from build notifications, and more. TeamCity 1.0 is already integrated with IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 and additional integrations with popular IDEs are planned for future TeamCity releases.
For more information about TeamCity and its features, visit https://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/.
About IntelliJ IDEA 6.0
IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 provides new features and supports new technologies as well as enhancing and extending the IDE’s existing features. Notable enhancements include:
- Support for EJB 3.0 and Persistence Units, plus assists for migrating code from earlier EJB specifications
- Enhanced Java EE support, including JSP improvements, support for JSF, and Struts framework
- New GWT Studio plug-in simplifies development of Web applications using the Google Web Toolkit (http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/)
- Integration with more application servers, including WebLogic 9 and WebSphere, makes web application deployment and debugging easier
- Enhanced and extended GUI designer with design time support for Swing and third-party layout managers, tools for fast UI localization, and many other productivity features
- New team collaboration tool “IDE Talk” lets developers exchange text messages, exceptions, code pointers, and code changes without leaving the IDE
- Enhanced testing and code analysis tools including code coverage and JUnit 4 integrations, and new code inspections for Java and Java EE
JetBrains is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software. The company is widely known for its innovative, award-winning Java integrated development environment, IntelliJ IDEA (see details on the Web at https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/), ReSharper and dotTrace Profiler for C# developers (see https://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/ and https://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/), and TeamCity collaboration environment for development teams (https://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/). JetBrains maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, with its R&D labs located in St. Petersburg, Russia and Boston, Massachusetts. For more information, see https://www.jetbrains.com.
* * *
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ and IntelliJ IDEA, TeamCity and ReSharper are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Subscribe to Blog updates
JetBrains CEO Transition
We’re pleased to announce a new chapter at JetBrains: Kirill Skrygan takes on the role of CEO. As we embrace innovation in developer tooling, we remain committed to delivering excellence to our customers and partners and are excited to continue building the future of developer technology together.
Nx Champions Join the JetBrains Developer Recognition Program
Nx Champions join the JetBrains Developer Recognition Program.
Ready For an Update? The 2023.3 Versions of JetBrains Coding Tools Are Out!
The last release of the year brings a plethora of new features to empower you with an even more exceptional developer experience. You can find the summaries of JetBrains desktop tool updates below and dive deeper for a more detailed look. Introducing JetBrains AI Besides yourself, who knows yo…
Introducing JetBrains AI and the In-IDE AI Assistant
With the rise of generative AI and large language models (LLMs) this year, the landscape of not just the development industry but the creative industry as a whole has begun a transformation. Using this new technology to augment JetBrains tools was a no-brainer for us, and we see it as a logical n…