JetBrains Releases TeamCity 5.0
Newest major release adds Amazon EC2 cloud integration, boosts scalability and further enhances user experience
December 03, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic, December 03, 2009 — JetBrains®, the creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing development tools, announced today the public availability of TeamCity 5.0, the company’s award-winning distributed build management and continuous integration tool.
TeamCity offers easy setup and delivers out-of-the-box continuous unit testing, sophisticated code quality analysis, and early reporting on build problems. It has a gentle learning curve, so you can quickly improve your release management practices by gradually adopting its advanced features and capabilities.
“Every day we meet more and more customers with large build infrastructures and very high environmental diversity,” – says Pavel Sher, TeamCity Project Manager. “There is definitely a strong demand for an extremely scalable, robust, and ready continuous integration solution – and that’s exactly what the latest TeamCity release is designed to provide. At the same time, we’re still going strong with end-user features for developers, and were able to add a great deal of usability improvements and an enhanced user experience.”
TeamCity 5.0 brings a huge potential improvement in scalability by reinforcing its distributed build grid with Amazon EC2 cloud integration. Features such as build configuration templates, project archiving, and backup&restore eliminate unnecessary redundancy and hassle in configuring large build infrastructures. To make TeamCity feel at home everywhere and benefit developer productivity, we’ve added issue tracker integration, better support for Maven, Command line tool for personal builds, and many other features.
Key features in this release include:
- Suport for Amazon EC2: Take advantage of cloud computing with TeamCity by putting build agents on Amazon EC2 cloud with on-demand image starting and on-idle stopping.
- Issue tracker integration with JetBrains YouTrack, JIRA and Bugzilla out of the box, plus an API for the integration plugins for other systems.
- Maven support improvements, including simplified build configuration creation from POM file, and build triggering on Maven artifacts change.
- Build configuration templates for eliminating redundancy in build configurations settings.
- Project archiving for putting no-longer-active projects out of sight.
- Command line tool for running Personal builds on server without IDE integration.
- Backup & Restore added to simplify TeamCity maintenance, and the migration tool re-implemented.
Other improvements include:
- Now you can view the status of a change across all build configurations on a single page.
- Failure responsibility feature has been advanced to cover not only builds, but also individual test failures.
- Various actions made by TeamCity users are now stored in the Audit log which can be browsed from the web UI.
- Code coverage analysis has been significantly improved for both Java (based on IntelliJ IDEA coverage engine) and .NET (support for NCover and PartCover).
- And many more.
Additionally, TeamCity 5.0 extends existing integrations and brings several new ones:
- Git & Mercurial support are now bundled with TeamCity.
- Remote Run now works for Git from IntelliJ IDEA & Eclipse.
- New support for Cucumber, Shoulda, Test-Spec in Rake runner.
- TeamCity IntelliJ IDEA plugin now works with IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition and RubyMine 2.0.
Complete product information about JetBrains TeamCity is available at https://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/.
TeamCity 5.0 Professional is available for FREE for all small- and middle-sized development teams and can be downloaded at https://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/download/.
TeamCity 5.0 Enterprise is available for a 60-day free trial at https://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/download/.
TeamCity 5.0 is available under commercial and personal licensing. New customers can purchase TeamCity 5.0 online at https://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/buy/.
Existing customers can upgrade to version 5.0 after purchasing a 1-year subscription for software updates at https://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/buy/.
* * *
JetBrains is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software. The company is widely known for its innovative, award-winning Java® integrated development environment, IntelliJ® IDEA (see details on the Web at https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/); ReSharper and dotTrace Profiler for .NET developers (see https://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/, https://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/); TeamCity — a continuous integration and build management environment (https://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/); RubyMine — a Ruby and Rails IDE (https://www.jetbrains.com/ruby/); YouTrack — the fastest issue and bug tracker (https://www.jetbrains.com/youtrack/); and MPS — Meta Programming System for creating and extending programming languages (https://www.jetbrains.com/mps/). JetBrains maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, with its R&D labs located in St. Petersburg, Russia and Boston, Massachusetts. For more information see https://www.jetbrains.com/.
* * *
Note to Editors: JetBrains, YouTrack, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper, dotTrace, TeamCity, RubyMine, and MPS are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
AI Assistant Update – August 2023
AI Assistant is a major new feature of the JetBrains IDE family in the 2023.2 release, offering integration of large language models into the IDE development workflow. The AI Assistant plugin is not bundled with the IDEs and needs to be installed separately from JetBrains Marketplace. One of the pri…
Your Go-To JetBrains Coding Tools Are Ready to Be Updated to 2023.2
We’ve now released the second update of the year for our family of IDEs, including IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, PyCharm, DataGrip, GoLand, DataSpell, and other tools included in your All Products Pack subscription. Check out the summaries below and dive deeper to learn more about the products you’re mos…
Remote Development with Coder and JetBrains Gateway
We are pleased to announce that we have joined forces with Coder to provide integration between Coder’s self-hosted cloud development platform and JetBrains Gateway, our remote development solution.
Redocly Brings Enhanced OpenAPI Experience to JetBrains IDEs
Starting from IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2, we have joined forces with Redocly Inc., one of the industry leaders in API documentation solutions. Using Redocly technologies in IntelliJ IDEA, GoLand, PyCharm, PhpStorm, Rider, and WebStorm will help you create clean and functional API docs from which you can r…