With PyCharm, Python Developers Finally Get a Powerful IDE
The highly anticipated Python/Django IDE — a new link in the chain of productivity development tools by JetBrains — hits the market
October 13, 2010
Prague, Czech Republic, October 13, 2010 — JetBrains®, the creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing development tools, continues its expansion in the IDE market and releases its next language-specific IDE — PyCharm 1.0 for Python and Django developers.
Like all other JetBrains IDEs, PyCharm features a smart code editor which understands the specifics of Python and offers remarkable productivity boosters: automatic code formatting, code completion, refactorings, auto-import, one-click code navigation, and more. Backed by advanced code analysis routines, these features make PyCharm a powerful tool in the hands of both professional Python developers and those who are just starting out with the technology.
PyCharm 1.0 also provides the following key features:
- Advanced support for Django development – including smart code completion, inspections, refactorings and specific code navigation.
- Integrated Python Debugger and graphical unit test runner.
- Support for the modern Python development toolchain, including virtualenv and buildout.
- Version Control Systems integration – unified UI for most popular VCS such as Mercurial, Git, SVN, Perforce and CVS.
- Google App Engine support – allows running and deploying your applications to the App Engine server, while ensuring that the code meets the requirements of the sandbox environment.
- REPL and Django consoles – with many advantages over the standard ones: on-the-fly syntax check with inspections; braces and quotes matching and pairs autoinsertion; and code completion.
Separate personal and commercial PyCharm licenses are available, both affordably priced. Each includes free IDE updates for 1 year after the purchase date, covering even major new releases.
To learn more about JetBrains PyCharm and download a free 30-day product trial, visit the JetBrains website at https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm.
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper, dotTrace, RubyMine, and TeamCity are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!