University Day and JavaDay in Kiev, Ukraine October 19-20
JetBrains University Day will take place Friday, October 18th, from 14.00 to 19.00 at Kiev Polytechnic Institute, a leading Ukrainian University for Computer Science and programming studies. The idea of the University Day is to share cutting-edge industry technologies with university students and to help make them aware of modern software development tools.
The event will feature four talks focused on software development in teams, a practice students aren’t usually familiar with until they become employed by a local software company.
* 14:15 – 15:00: Introduction to TeamCity and YouTrack, by Philip Torchinsky
* 15:00 – 15:45: CI & Continuous Deliver by Baruch Sadogursky, by JFrog
* 15:45 – 16:30: IntelliJ IDEA, YouTrack and TeamCity for Mobile Application Development, by Philip Torchinsky
* 16:30- 17:00: Coffee Break
* 17:00 – 17:45: Functional Programming and Scala, by Pavel Fatin
* 17:45 – 18:30: IntelliJ IDEA for Students Demo
* 18:30 – 18:45: Closing and Gifts
Participation is free, but registration is required.
JavaDay 2013 – Kiev, Ukraine – October 19th
500 participants have a chance to attend 24 talks across 4 tracks. The event also includes 2 keynotes from David Delabassee (Java EE and GlassFish Product Manager, Oracle) and Sven Peters (Technology Evangelist, Atlassian).
JetBrains has two talks at JavaDay 2013:
* 15:00 – 16:00: Design Patterns in Scala, by Pavel Fatin
* 18:30 – 19:30: JetBrains Experience: CI Server and Issue Tracker Integration with IntelliJ IDEA, by Philip Torchinsky
The main difference between Java Day and University Day is in the professional maturity of the audience. We expect much more experienced people at JavaDay, so the talks there will dive deeper into the subjects.
While large companies such as Intel, Apple and Boeing already enjoy JetBrains teamwork tools, and TeamCity in particular, we believe small and medium-sized companies still undervalue the power of the tools, or even not be aware of them at all. The talks are intended to change this situation and show that JetBrains adheres to supporting cutting-edge technologies and automating routine tasks everywhere, from coding to project management.