ReSharper 9.0 Supports C#6 and Visual Studio 2015 Preview
December 4, 2014
Prague, Czech Republic, December 4, 2014 — JetBrains®, the renowned vendor of professional tools for software developers, today announced the general availability of ReSharper 9.0, a new major release of their popular productivity extension for Microsoft Visual Studio.
ReSharper 9.0 highlights include:
- Support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 while preserving compatibility with Visual Studio 2010, 2012 and 2013, including the recently announced VS 2013 Community Edition.
- Support for new features in C#6 such as conditional access, static usings and expression-bodied members.
- New navigation features including Go to Action to allow searching for a particular action using the legendary Alt+Enter shortcut and Navigate to Exposing APIs option for finding all the methods that are capable of returning a particular type.
- Support for regular expressions with a dedicated validation tool.
- Fix in Scope evolution to help fix naming problems or import types in the whole solution in one go.
- More intuitive code completion and improved code formatter.
Concurrent usage of ReSharper with other JetBrains .NET tools is now streamlined thanks to a new shared platform and a single installer. Developers can now use ReSharper together with memory and performance profilers dotMemory and dotTrace, dotCover, a code coverage tool, and dotPeek, a .NET decompiler, with reduced resource consumption and improved performance.
“Moving all our .NET tools to a single platform was quite an effort, but definitely worth the gains for our customers, like easier installation and faster performance,” said Sergey Shkredov, .NET Tools Department Lead at JetBrains. “And, as always, we’re there for those who stay on the cutting edge of .NET, adopting Visual Studio 2015 and the newest constructs in C#6.0.”
In addition to working better together, this entire suite of products is now offered with a consolidated licensing option called ReSharper Ultimate. This package offers great value for money including all of the existing ReSharper functionality for .NET; dotCover; dotTrace, and dotMemory; and ReSharper for C++, a new product currently under development and planned to reach RTM in early 2015.
To learn more about ReSharper 9.0 and try the software free for 30 days, please visit www.jetbrains.com/resharper/whatsnew.
For general information on pricing and licensing options, see www.jetbrains.com/resharper/buy. For any sales inquiries and volume pricing options, please contact email@example.com (in the Americas) or firstname.lastname@example.org (outside of the Americas).
* * *
JetBrains is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software. The company is widely known for its innovative, award-winning Java™ integrated development environment, IntelliJ™ IDEA (see details on the Web at www.jetbrains.com/idea); TeamCity — a continuous integration and build management environment (www.jetbrains.com/teamcity); dotTrace — a family of performance and memory profilers for .NET applications (www.jetbrains.com/profiler), dotCover — a .NET code coverage tool (www.jetbrains.com/dotcover), and YouTrack — an intelligent issue and bug tracker (www.jetbrains.com/youtrack), among others. JetBrains maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, with its R&D labs located in Russia, Germany, and the United States. For more information see www.jetbrains.com.
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper, dotTrace, dotCover, TeamCity, and YouTrack are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.