CLion EAP: less bugs – more stable
Following our statistics more than 6.5K unique users are running latest CLion EAP every week and a lot of you are using it for the everyday development. That’s why we’ve got so many questions about the EAP build expiring this week, and we are not going to let you down – new build is coming today!
This EAP is mainly about the bug fixing. You can check the long list in our tracker.
Summarizing the most important changes:
- Several fixes were introduced to enhance the performance of the editor. Check if you get the improvement and share the feedback with us.
- Issues with arrays were fixed in this build: CLion now understands the array sizes better (CPP-1568) and thus array length checks work correctly; false ‘compound array initializer’ was fixed (CPP-347).
- A couple of problems with type casting were addressed (CPP-1567, CPP-1571, CPP-975).
- CPP-1195 – Parameter info working incorrectly for some cases.
- CPP-1390 – Incorrect handling of variable’s initialization.
- CPP-994 – Errors caused by unnamed parameters when performing Rename or Change Signature.
- CPP-1282 – The regression came to second EAP unfortunately – Rename files in project wasn’t working. Fixed now, and sorry for the inconvenience.
- A couple of exceptions and fatal failures were fixed in this build as well.
Latest build is available on our EAP page.
Be sure to check the quick start guide to learn how to quickly get started with CLion, as well as to download default keyboard reference for Windows/Linux and for OS X in PDF format from our site, or just find them in Help | Default Keymap Reference.
Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains CLion team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
CLion 2023.3 EAP2: Support for Device Tree Files and Meson
The CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program has just started, featuring assembly view for files, enhanced C++ data flow analysis, and other updates. The CLion 2023.3 EAP2 build is ready for you to try! With it, you can finally start working on Meson projects in CLion and benefit from device tree format s…
The CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program Is Open
We recently shared our preliminary plans for v2023.3, which we plan to release at the end of November. We are now happy to announce that the CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program (EAP) starts today! Our EAP lets the community participate in discussions devoted to our products and influence the developm…
CLion 2023.2.2 Bug-Fix Update
The CLion bug-fix update 2023.2.2 is now available! The fixes included in this bug-fix update are listed below. Download build 232.9921.42 from our website, through the Toolbox App, as a snap package for Ubuntu, or via a patch from inside the IDE. DOWNLOAD CLION This update’s main highlights includ…
CLion 2023.2.1 Bug-Fix Update
The CLion bug-fix update 2023.2.1 is now available! If you haven’t yet upgraded to v2023.2, now is definitely a good time to do so! The key enhancements in the major 2023.2 update include: The Beta version of AI Assistant is now available as a plugin with limited access. Streamlined integratio…