CLion EAP: less bugs – more stable
Following our statistics more than 6.5K unique users are running latest CLion EAP every week and a lot of you are using it for the everyday development. That’s why we’ve got so many questions about the EAP build expiring this week, and we are not going to let you down – new build is coming today!
This EAP is mainly about the bug fixing. You can check the long list in our tracker.
Summarizing the most important changes:
- Several fixes were introduced to enhance the performance of the editor. Check if you get the improvement and share the feedback with us.
- Issues with arrays were fixed in this build: CLion now understands the array sizes better (CPP-1568) and thus array length checks work correctly; false ‘compound array initializer’ was fixed (CPP-347).
- A couple of problems with type casting were addressed (CPP-1567, CPP-1571, CPP-975).
- CPP-1195 – Parameter info working incorrectly for some cases.
- CPP-1390 – Incorrect handling of variable’s initialization.
- CPP-994 – Errors caused by unnamed parameters when performing Rename or Change Signature.
- CPP-1282 – The regression came to second EAP unfortunately – Rename files in project wasn’t working. Fixed now, and sorry for the inconvenience.
- A couple of exceptions and fatal failures were fixed in this build as well.
Latest build is available on our EAP page.
Be sure to check the quick start guide to learn how to quickly get started with CLion, as well as to download default keyboard reference for Windows/Linux and for OS X in PDF format from our site, or just find them in Help | Default Keymap Reference.
Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains CLion team
Subscribe to Blog updates
CLion 2024.1 EAP 3: Assembly View Enhancements
Today, the CLion 2024.1 EAP 3 build (241.12662.59) is available from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package if you’re using Ubuntu. Here are the main improvements: Assembly view improvements: The Assembly view for ARM targets is now shown correctly (CPP-36901). Assembly vi…
CLion 2024.1 EAP 2: Improved Terminal and Other UX Enhancements
Some time ago, we shared our plans and directions. Just a couple of weeks ago, we kicked off our CLion 2024.1 EAP with CMake coding assistance, code analysis in device tree files, and forked processes debugging. Today, the CLion 2024.1 EAP 2 build (241.11761.23) is available from our website, via…
CLion Nova: AI Assistant and Enhancements From CLion Classic and ReSharper v2024.1
CLion Nova is a free preview of CLion equipped with the ReSharper C++/Rider C++ language engine. With this update, CLion Nova has finally moved to the 2024.1 branch. This means that all of the enhancements brought by the CLion Classic 2024.1 EAP are now available in CLion Nova: CMake writing ass…