CLion 1.0.2 update
The second update, CLion 1.0.2, is available for download. You’ll also get an automatic notification about this update right in the IDE, or can do CLion | Check for Updates manually.
A long list of fixes and improvements can be found in our tracker. Here are a few worth mentioning:
- Since this version CLion supports Cygwin 2.0.0 and MinGW-w64 4.0 toolchains.
- Create new C++ class dialog now will try to evaluate and suggest you the correct CMake targets name even if
add_librarycommands contain variables and not the direct target name. This still can fail for some complicated cases when the variable value is set in some other file or in non-top level constructs.
- Since now you can select to declare function parameter as const while extracting parameter in CLion:
- The getter/setter generation (
⌘Non OS X) was improved greatly with this build. First, setters are available for union members now. Second, we’ve fixed the behavior for arrays – the correct getters are generated for one-dimensional arrays (can be also static); incorrect code that was generated before in all other cases was removed. By the way, for static members CLion now reasonably suggests static setters.
- Getters are now inlined correctly (CPP-374).
- Taking about debug, we’ve fixed a couple of annoying problems: one with command timed out on Windows while stopping on a breakpoint (CPP-840); other is about program execution stop under debug that didn’t work in some cases (CPP-3235).
- A PTY related failure was fixed for the case when path to CLion contains ‘+’ symbol.
Check the update and let us know what you think.
Your CLion Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
CLion 2024.1 EAP 3: Assembly View Enhancements
Today, the CLion 2024.1 EAP 3 build (241.12662.59) is available from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package if you’re using Ubuntu. Here are the main improvements: Assembly view improvements: The Assembly view for ARM targets is now shown correctly (CPP-36901). Assembly vi…
CLion 2024.1 EAP 2: Improved Terminal and Other UX Enhancements
Some time ago, we shared our plans and directions. Just a couple of weeks ago, we kicked off our CLion 2024.1 EAP with CMake coding assistance, code analysis in device tree files, and forked processes debugging. Today, the CLion 2024.1 EAP 2 build (241.11761.23) is available from our website, via…
CLion Nova: AI Assistant and Enhancements From CLion Classic and ReSharper v2024.1
CLion Nova is a free preview of CLion equipped with the ReSharper C++/Rider C++ language engine. With this update, CLion Nova has finally moved to the 2024.1 branch. This means that all of the enhancements brought by the CLion Classic 2024.1 EAP are now available in CLion Nova: CMake writing ass…