CLion 2016.1.2 RC

Posted on by Anastasia Kazakova

Hi,

CLion 2016.1.2 Release Candidate (build 145.970.11) is available for download. In case you have 2016.1 or 2016.1.1 versions installed, patch-update will become available during a couple of hours.

Most important issues addressed in this build are related to the console output in CLion:

• CLion sometimes failed to show the linker error output in the message tool window (CPP-6325). The problem is fixed now.
    Please, don’t forget to revert run.processes.with.pty setting in the register, in case you were using this workaround to avoid the problem.
  • There is a related problem with missing stdout output (CPP-6354) fixed in this build.
  • Console output in CLion now supports ANSI color ESC sequences (please, mind that under the MinGW some issues are still present – we do hope to address them later).

There are also fixes for the broken link in quick documentation pop-up (CPP-5926) and a parsing error in case of an ‘in’ loop variable (CPP-4391).

Full release notes can be found by the link.

Your CLion Team
JetBrains
The Drive to Develop

Comments below can no longer be edited.

12 Responses to CLion 2016.1.2 RC

1. Roman says:

April 27, 2016

Is it possible to highlight errors and warning in build output (On Linux/GCC)? I did not found out how to do this.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

April 28, 2016

Which GCC version do you use?
      Also could you check you have run.processes.with.pty in the Registry (Find Action | type registry) switched on?

• Roman says:

April 28, 2016

Looks like gcc 4.8 does not supports colored output.

2. Marcus says:

April 28, 2016

This is a really nice fix for some little things that have been bugging me for a while now. Finally, building and running from within the IDE is practical (up until now, the only way to see all my build and run messages was to have a separate terminal running a script)

3. Roman says:

May 1, 2016

Why do you develop two separate C++ front-ends for Clion and Resharper?
    I’ve tried RSC++ with my projects and it works better then Clion front-end: I have no false-errors in RSC++, while in Clion I have a few.
    So it would be better for users of both Clion and RSC++ if you join forces.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

May 3, 2016

You are right, however, ReSharper and IntelliJ-platform architectures differs greatly, so it’s not possible just to use one code base and we have to keep two different solutions (at least for now). We are working together with two teams now to unify the IDE’s experience for our C++ users and share ideas, so both tools benefit from this.

• Roman says:

May 3, 2016

What I’ve heard in some Resharper youtube video is that they are not very tightly integrated with MSVC. Basically all code analysis runs in standalone process.
        So I looks like it should be possible to integrate RSC++ back-end with Clion GUI.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

May 3, 2016

It’s not that straight-forward. Also ReSharper C++ parser is limited to Windows thing only, though CLion’s one supports various STL libraries, etc (and actually has some common part even with Objective-C/C++ parser working in AppCode). Still there is some work in that direction, which actually (we hope) will make both IDEs better.

• Roman says:

May 5, 2016

Well, ok. Than can you please fix:
            this is currently the most annoying Clion parser bug for me: since I’m sort of a perfectionist, I can’t be happy when I got false errors in my code. Lost appetite because of it =/

This code sample works fine in RSC++

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

May 5, 2016

Thanks. We’ll put to the queue and take a look.