CLion 2018.1.2 EAP

Hi,

The new CLion 2018.1.2 Early Access Preview build (181.4668.25) is now available! Download it from our site or, in case you are using CLion 2018.1.1, install via a patch-update that will become available shortly.

Please, note that this EAP build requires an active subscription (or you can start a 30-day evaluation period).

Download CLion 2018.1.2 EAP

This EAP build addresses the following issues:

• Incorrect ‘Class is never used’ inspection (CPP-5345). CLion now handles cases with constructor correctly, for example:
    no_unused_class
  • Completion for template classes was showing duplicated names in case of specialized declarations (CPP-12351)

It also improves the IDE performance on projects with many friend operators (like Eigen) – CPP-12321, and removes some infinite recursion in code resolve – CPP-12290.

Besides, this build brings fixes for a couple of annoying regressions:

Full release notes are available here.

Your CLion Team

JetBrains
The Drive to Develop

This entry was posted in Announcement, Early Access Preview and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to CLion 2018.1.2 EAP

1. Paul B says:

Excited about the fixes to pimpl parsing !

2. John says:

struct A {
    A(const B&) { }
    };
    struct B {
    B(const C&) { }
    };
    struct C {
    C() { }
    };
    int main() {
    A a(C()); //cannot resolve converting constructor
    }

3. Kirill Sapozhnikov says:

I see this EAP solves many code resolving/parsing bugs. Will there be a release for 2018.1 that is targeted for solving performance problems or we have to wait for 2018.2?

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

There are some tickets in progress. We’ll see if it is possible to back-port to 2018.1. If there are many code areas affected, they might be not.

• Tano says:

I also agree that the performance problems should be the top priority of CLion. It is a mature and a great IDE but it’s the slowest IDE on the market. In 2018.1.1 there are a lot of new bugs regarding performance, besides the one already opened.

I also get a lot of slow-typing sometimes, which I already mentioned almost 2 years ago, which are not yet fixed. Now I see that other people complained about this.

Sorry to tell you this, I really really love CLion but I got more lags(slow typing) with CLion in the last 2 years that I got with the other IDEs in my 13 years’ programming career. And I don’t work with such a big project, it compiles in 5-6 minutes.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

I understand this looks disappointing to you. I can only tell you here that 1) unfortunately sometime performance issues appear after correctness fixing 2) we are on it (performance and freezes) and have some plan how to overcome current problems. We have the work in progress, so you can expect improvements.

4. Sergey Yablokov says:

Hello, I have a problem with this EAP build.
    Code inspector says the following code is wrong with message “Types ‘const std::function’ and ‘void (*)()’ are not compatible”:

const std::function f = []() {};

But it was OK with previous CLion versions.

5. Luka Bradesko says:

Please speed up the performance issues. I’ve been using it for a year now with somehow tolerable waiting (sometimes a few minutes for a project to open), but the 2018.1.1 became useless for me. Current project takes 3h to open. I didn’t try to open the previous projects to know whether its only this one or general, because I don’t want to lose even more time.

• Luka Bradesko says:

It’s the best IDE otherwise, but unfortunately not usable since its so slow for me (2018.1.1). It’s refreshing files and blocking work, even if no changes in any of the files, except a new line or a typo in CMake.txt. One thing that I suspect is an include that has 4k header files, but I cannot avoid it, except manually chase the headers and copy them on another place.

• Luka Bradesko says:

To make my statements less harsh, it does start fast enough if I don’t include that folder. Still, if possible please make ‘refreshing files’ and other parts non blocking. Also I didn’t find a way anywhere to enable logging, so I would be able to see which operation gets the operation stuck.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

3h – is it for the initial indexing? How the IDE behaves after the project opening? Do you experience UI freezes?
      What the size of the project? What C++ standards / features is it using? Are there many huge files, headers?