CLion 2018.2 Release Candidate 2
Welcome the 2nd release candidate (build 182.3684.46) for CLion 2018.2!
As we are getting closer and closer to the official release, we are now mostly working on the final fixes and improvements. If you notice any problem at all, please report it to our tracker.
Please note that to use CLion 2018.2 RC2 you need to have an active subscription (or start a 30-day evaluation period).
This build highlights include:
- An experimental Clangd-based language engine got several improvements:
- On Windows: incorrect errors on LLVM project were removed (CPP-13502) and some false errors in case of OpenMP usage were fixed (CPP-13626).
- Invalid code ranges in case of Tab character used in the file were fixed (CPP-13631).
- A regression was fixed: non-existing C functions in C files are highlighted, allowing create from usage fix.
- Default C++ standard used when creating a new project in CLion is now C++14 (it was C++11 before).
Full release notes can be found here.
Your CLion Team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
CLion 2024.1 EAP 4: Switch to CLion Nova in CLion Classic
The CLion 2024.1 EAP 4 build (241.13688.39) is out! It is available from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package if you’re using Ubuntu. With this build, we’re making CLion Nova available to all CLion Classic users. Switch to it from inside the IDE via the settings menu and try it …
CLion 2024.1 EAP 3: Assembly View Enhancements
Today, the CLion 2024.1 EAP 3 build (241.12662.59) is available from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package if you’re using Ubuntu. Here are the main improvements: Assembly view improvements: The Assembly view for ARM targets is now shown correctly (CPP-36901). Assembly vi…
CLion 2024.1 EAP 2: Improved Terminal and Other UX Enhancements
Some time ago, we shared our plans and directions. Just a couple of weeks ago, we kicked off our CLion 2024.1 EAP with CMake coding assistance, code analysis in device tree files, and forked processes debugging. Today, the CLion 2024.1 EAP 2 build (241.11761.23) is available from our website, via…
CLion Nova: AI Assistant and Enhancements From CLion Classic and ReSharper v2024.1
CLion Nova is a free preview of CLion equipped with the ReSharper C++/Rider C++ language engine. With this update, CLion Nova has finally moved to the 2024.1 branch. This means that all of the enhancements brought by the CLion Classic 2024.1 EAP are now available in CLion Nova: CMake writing ass…