CLion 2019.2 Release Candidate is Here

Anastasia Kazakova

Hi,

Please welcome the Release Candidate for the upcoming CLion 2019.2!

To install CLion 2019.2 RC (build 192.5728.70), download it from the website, update from our Toolbox App, or use a snap package (for Ubuntu). Please note that to use CLion 2019.2 RC, you need to either have an active subscription or start a 30-day evaluation period. No patches are provided for this release candidate, but you can expect a patch from the latest 2019.1.4 update to the 2019.2 release version.

DOWNLOAD CLION 2019.2 RC

This builds brings some cosmetics updates to the recently added Peripherals View. We’ve also fixed some issues related to that view, like having to click the load button twice (CPP-16730) and some incorrect cells coloring in the table (CPP-16746).

In the 2019.2 EAP builds, we’ve enabled an experimental LLDB-based debugger for the Microsoft Visual C++ toolchain. It was also available for MinGW under the same experimental setting. However, while the debugger for MSVC is more or less stable and the improvement path is clear enough, for MinGW the quality was not satisfactory. We’ve decided to turn it off for now, even under the experimental setting, leaving only the MSVC debugger available.

The full release notes are available here.

Your CLion Team
JetBrains
The Drive to Develop

Comments below can no longer be edited.

15 Responses to CLion 2019.2 Release Candidate is Here

1. Taw says:

July 19, 2019

Anastasia, why some versions have only “Download” option, instead of “Upgrade and restart”? For example I am trying to update from 2019.2 EAP to RC, but I only have Download.
    I keep CLion in /opt, it’s not very easy to replace, give folder rights, etc…
    I would love only to Update and restart and that’s all..thanks

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

July 21, 2019

We never provide patches from EAP to RC due to licensing. The patches to 2019.2 release will be provided from the latest 2019.1.x update.
      In general, when possible (and no technical issues occur) we provide patches between all EAP builds of the same version and between all release updates, including patches from one major update to another one.

• Tano says:

July 22, 2019

I see, thank you.
        Nevertheless, I installed the App Toolbox which seems to work fine, except “clion” is not recognized in the cmdline, although I have it in the “start menu”.
        “Command ‘clion’ not found, but can be installed with:
        sudo snap install clion”

Is this normal or should I open a bug for it?

• Anna Filippova says:

July 22, 2019

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please enable the “Generate shell script” option in Toolbox App settings and add a location in your PATH for the scripts to be generated. Also feel free to comment or upvote a related feature request about Toolbox Cli: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/TBX-653.

• Tano says:

July 22, 2019

Can you tell me where is that option? I cannot find it 🙂

• Anna Filippova says:

July 22, 2019

Please сlick the metal nut icon on the right-hand side of the Toolbox App to go to Toolbox App settings and you’ll see this option in the bottom of the opened window.

• Tano says:

July 22, 2019

Sorry, there is no such option, can you attach a photo please?

• Anna Filippova says:

July 22, 2019

Could you please update Toolbox App to 1.15.

• Tano says:

July 22, 2019

Then it’s another bug, because I downloaded exactly from your site, the folder is automatically named “jetbrains-toolbox-1.15.5605/”, after unpacking the gz file.

• Anna Filippova says:

July 22, 2019

You have a suggestion from Toolbox App to update it to 1.15.5605. Could you please accept it? There is my settings: https://imgur.com/a/vJiaXLI.

• Tano says:

July 22, 2019

Perhaps we did not understand each other. Today I downloaded the 1.15 version, but it seems that when I ran it, it was in fact version 1.6, that is the problem.
            Now I updated and it worked, but why did it not downloaded correctly the 1.15 from the start?

2. Lawrence Millar-Madigan says:

July 23, 2019

This question might not be appropriate here but here goes: Why is CLion so cheap? I’d be happy to pay double if it meant faster improvement. I mean, Visual studio is like 4 times the price.

Maybe you could have a poll to ask if people would like a price increase if it increased development pace a bit? Maybe such a thing could be done through the community somehow. Just an idea. I know it’s a sensitive subject but like I said I personally would pay double for what I’m getting out of the product.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

July 23, 2019

Not sure how the price increase correlates with the development speed. We don’t have product budgets, we don’t have any limits or smth here. When the team is lacking the resources, sometimes, of course, it makes sense adding a new member to the team (but not always), however, it’s not a question of money.

• Roman Popov says:

July 24, 2019

Usually there is inverse relationship between price and quality. Good stuff is cheap, while most crappiest tools I’ve ever used cost 100K+ per year.