CLion 2019.3.5 bug-fix update

Posted on by Anastasia Kazakova

A new bug-fix update, CLion 2019.3.5, is now available for download! You can get build 193.6911.21 from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package (for Ubuntu). A patch update will be available shortly.

DOWNLOAD CLION

Here are the main highlights of the update:

• The IDE UI freeze while debugging has been fixed (CPP-18278).
  • Formatter improvements:
    • Fixed the incorrect formatting of the macros used inside the macro argument (CPP-18644).
    • Fixed the incorrect formatting of the strings concatenation used inside macro calls (CPP-18628).
  • VCS: commit actions are no longer disabled on a commit of a deleted file (IDEA-225882).
  • More fixes from the IntelliJ Platform.

Full release notes are available here.

Additionally, the CLion 2020.1 EAP is now up and running. It brings CUDA enhancements, support for Clang-cl and IAR compilers, the ability to debug customer targets, Data Flow Analysis rewritten on Clang, a PlatformIO plugin, and more. For more details please see this page.

Your CLion team
JetBrains
The Drive to Develop

Comments below can no longer be edited.

7 Responses to CLion 2019.3.5 bug-fix update

1. Taw says:

March 18, 2020

Anastasia, I feel the need to tell you that the 2020.1 EAP is the most buggish EAP ever, I am still relying on 2019.3.3 and I am not sure if to update to 3.5.
    It’s not CLion’s team fault, but the latest IDEA is not polished at all.

For example look at this silly bug CPP-19527, which worked perfectly till now…and they are many others, I think that I opened at least 15 bugs on the latest EAP.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

March 18, 2020

Thank you, the overall impression is definitely important. We are on the issues you’ve logged. Stay tuned.

2. Taw says:

March 18, 2020

Thank you.
    A short question: is it a simple way to switch the toolchain for each project?
    I have a project which I need to compile with gcc-8 and another one with 4.9.

Thanks.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

March 19, 2020

I guess the easiest way is to keep 2 toolchains configured. And one CMake profile. And switch toolchains used in the CMake profile.
      But if that’s two separate projects, then simply configure both toolchains and created different CMake profiles (one with gcc-8 and one with 4.9 toolchain used). Toolchains are per IDE. CMake profiles are per project.

• Taw says:

March 19, 2020

Thanks, but I read this page and it is a bit confusing because it allows different profiles but when they are in the same CMakeFile.

So I have 2 totally different projects in different repos with different cmakefiles.
        Would this solution work for me? Because now I am just switching the toolchains manually and it’s a bit cumbersome.
        Thanks

• Taw says:

March 19, 2020

Oh, I get it now, there is another field named Toolchain in the profile, which I can use. Nice.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

March 19, 2020

Exactly! Please let us know if need more help here.