CLion 2020.1 Reaches Beta
CLion 2020.1 goes Beta! To install build 201.6668.10, download it from the website, update from our Toolbox App, get it through a snap package (if you are using Ubuntu), or use a patch update.
Find the main highlights below.
In the previous EAP build, completion that’s based only on Clangd became the default. This behavior is controlled by the Code Completion setting in Settings/Preferences | Languages & Frameworks | C/C++ | Clangd.
To improve your user experience with completion, we’re introducing a few fixes in this Beta:
- Completion suggestions in the context of a template parameter list are now more accurate (the
typedefkeyword is no longer on top, CPP-19085).
- Completion in type aliases is more accurate as well (thanks to removing constructors from the using context, CPP-19171).
- CLion can now complete folders that are symlinks.
- Completion for
inthas been improved (CPP-19520).
- For compilation database projects, when CLion collects compiler information it now filters out some flags that do not affect the information requested.
-MMDflags are good examples as they generate dependency files and might clutter the project directories with unnecessary
- For Python, the notification ‘Configure Python interpreter’ will now open a settings window (CPP-19536).
More fixes from the IntelliJ Platform have also made their way into this Beta. The full release notes are available here.
Your CLion team
The Drive to Develop