DataGrip 2017.3.2

Posted on by Maksim Sobolevskiy

Hello! This is another minor update for 2017.3. It brings several important bug-fixes:

DBE-5031 – Enum fields are now available for editing. Completion is not yet implemented.
DBE-5512 – Fixed bug with saving LOBs.
DBE-4426 – DataGrip now can connect to FrontBase. There are still some known issues with transactions.

DataGrip team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

15 Responses to DataGrip 2017.3.2

1. Cain says:

December 19, 2017

Symbol lookup does not seem to work properly on Mac High Sierra. For example if I want to navigate to a specific field in the Database tree view, ⌥⌘O only opens up the table in the Table Editor; it does not take me to the field in the Database tree view?

2. Christian Syska says:

December 19, 2017

When I update to 2017.3.2 via Toolbox, I can’t connect to any database – when I try to select anything from any connection (even just refreshing the schema), I get an error: “java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified”
    I tried installing multiple times and restarted my machine in between; haven’t yet checked a manual install. I’m on Windows 10 1709 (Build 16299.125).
    I’ve rolled back to 2017.2.3 for now.

• Maksim Sobolevskiy says:

December 21, 2017

Does this happen if you update manually?

• Yoni Lerner says:

January 7, 2018

This is happening to me as well

• Maksim Sobolevskiy says:

January 15, 2018

So, the question about manual update is addressed to you as well 🙂

• Maksim Sobolevskiy says:

January 15, 2018

What is the particular problem?

• Christian Syska says:

January 15, 2018

Hi,
        sorry, I kind of forgot about this thread, what with christmas and vacation and all that 🙂

I have tried it again today with 2017.3.3. I have now two DataGrip installations in parallel, with the following result:
        1) Updated old (working) installation via Toolbox -> doesn’t work, see error above
        2) Manual installation -> works like a charm.
        Both show the exact same version and build number in the about page (2017.3.3, Build #DB-173.4127.18, built on December 19, 2017).

Is there anything else I can provide to help?

• Maksim Sobolevskiy says:

January 15, 2018

So, if you install by ToolBox, you run from ToolBox, and if manually, you run DG from the file manager, right?

• Christian Syska says:

January 16, 2018

I tried starting both from file system and from Toolbox (where the manual installation is shown as LOCAL) – doesn’t seem to make a difference.

• Christian Syska says:

January 19, 2018

I was just about to let you know that 2017.3.4 has fixed it all and works, but it only did so for exactly one query. After that, same error as before.

• Christian Syska says:

January 19, 2018

One more observation: I’ve tried actually running an inline SQL query from inside my code in IntelliJ Idea the first time in a while, and it gives me the same error message. IntelliJ is a Toolbox installation, haven’t verified yet if this also happens with a manual installation.
          I know it used to work at some point, but I can’t exactly say which version it was.

• Maksim Sobolevskiy says:

January 19, 2018

Well, it seems that our discussion cannot exist in comments anymore, let’s go to issue tracker: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/DBE-5762

• Maksim Sobolevskiy says:

January 19, 2018

Please, attach log there.

3. Maksim Sobolevskiy says: