DataGrip 2021.1: UI for grants, Context Live Templates, Edit Data in MongoDB and More!
Today we’re introducing DataGrip 2021.1, our first major release this year and possibly the most remarkable release in the history of our IDE. We hope you will find that v2021.1 addresses at least one of your pain points, or maybe you will discover a new feature you’ll love or both. Let’s dive in!
UI for grants
- Grants can be modified from the Modify object and Modify user/role dialogs. This
feature is available for PostgreSQL, Redshift, Greenplum, MySQL, MariaDB, DB2, SQL Server, and Sybase.
Context live templates
- Select first N rows from a table and many other templates for code generation.
- Modify existing templates and create your own.
- Append generated code to the existing console or to a new one.
- Edit data in MongoDB.
- Better sorting.
- New toolbar.
- Transposing single-row results.
- Ctrl/Cmd+B has been simplified and now always displays the DDL..
- F4 has been simplified and now always displays the data..
- Alt/Opt+Shift+B highlights the object in the database tree..
- Azure MFA support.
- Redshift driver 2.x.
- Google Big Query full support.
- CockroachDB dialect support.
- Improvements in the connection window.
- Easy copy-paste of data sources.
- New layout.
- [Oracle] Hide auto-generated objects.
- [SQLite] New types of objects.
Improvements for unsupported databases
- Data source templates.
- Queries parsing.
- Ambiguous column name when using CTE.
- [SQL Server] System functions can be used unqualified.
- JSON Lines support.
- Adjustable font weight.
Import / Export
- Warning about not loaded data.
- Query in the Excel file.
- First row is header in the context menu.
- Attach folder via drag-n-drop.
- Maximize tabs in the split view.
- Long names in tabs titles.
To take in all the new features with full descriptions, please visit the What’s New page.
You already know all of this, but just as a quick reminder:
- Get your 30-day trial of DataGrip here.
- Tweet @ us!
- Join the discussions in the forum.
- Report bugs to our issue tracker.
Thank you for your attention!
Your DataGrip Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
DataGrip 2023.2: New UI with toolbar icons in the header, AI Assistant, time zones in the data editor, support for Redis Cluster
DataGrip 2023.2 is out!Here’s a sneak peek at what it has to offer. For a detailed description of this update, please visit our What’s New page. User Interface New UI: The toolbar icons have been moved to the header Improved main toolbar customization Light theme with light …
Nextсloud Performance Hacks with EverSQL and DataGrip
Hi, I'm Pasha. In my everyday life, I'm a Developer Advocate for data engineering, but by night, I'm a geek. Like, a really geeky geek! I have used Linux since 2009 as my primary OS (BTW I use Arch). If possible, I always prefer to host everything I use. So if you decide to drop me an email at me@as…
DataGrip 2023.1 Quality Release
Hello! For DataGrip 2023.1, we focused entirely on quality. We’ve fixed many bugs that had accumulated in our public issue tracker (not the most fun part of the job, but important nonetheless). While there won’t be any new features for you to explore this time, we hope you’ll notice impr…