JetBrains Academy: 2020 Annual Highlights
2020 is over, and in this post we’d like to take a look at what JetBrains Academy accomplished last year. The number of learners choosing our platform continues to grow, as does JetBrains Academy itself.
The beginning of 2020 saw a momentous occasion in the history of JetBrains Academy. We added the Python track to the already existing Java and Kotlin tracks. Today, more than 116,000 users are learning Python with us!
The rest of the year was as exciting as the beginning. In June, we took a big step forward and transitioned from 16 months of the Early Access Program to a monthly subscription model. All your support and the feedback we received encouraged us to take another big step and introduce an annual subscription at the end of the year! Now our learners can take advantage of an annual subscription for $249.00, which is equivalent to the price of only 5 months of the standard $49.90/month subscription.
If you have not registered at JetBrains Academy yet, the beginning of 2021 might be a good time to do so! Get started today with a free 7-day trial that can be extended by up to 2 months without any payment information.
We know how important it is to stay curious and engaged in the process of learning new things. That’s why we’ve worked hard to create interesting and useful content throughout the year. Over the course of 2020 we added 37 projects and over 300 new topics!
- 40 topics were added to the Java section of the Knowledge Map.
- 11 projects were added to the Java Developer track.
- 3.9k learners completed the Simple Chatty Bot project last year, making it the most popular project in the Java Developer track in 2020.
- 81 topics were added to the Python section of the Knowledge Map.
- 16 projects were added to the Python Developer track.
- 7.3k learners completed the Zookeeper project, making it the most popular project of 2020, both overall and within the Python Developer track.
- 41 topics were added to the Kotlin section of the Knowledge Map.
- 6 projects were added to the Kotlin Developer track.
- 917 learners completed the Simple Chatty Bot project last year, making it the most popular project in the Kotlin Developer track in 2020.
- 58 topics were added to the Frontend section of the Knowledge Map.
- 4 projects were added to the Web Developer track.
- 452 learners completed the Virtual Piano project last year, making it the most popular project in the Web Developer track in 2020.
We’ve also added:
- 12 new topics to the Dev tools section
- 33 new topics to the Essentials section
- 53 new topics to the Math section
- 4 new topics to the Algorithms section
- 19 new topics to the Databases and SQL section
We also wanted to celebrate your accomplishments and selected the top 10 most active learners of 2020, based on the number of topics and projects completed. The most active learners have received coupons for 3 extra months of free learning at JetBrains Academy. Congratulations to everyone and thank you so much for studying with us!
Your JetBrains Academy team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
JetBrains Academy’s New Projects and Topics: September Update
The latest content update, featuring four new projects and more than 90 new topics to learn.
JetBrains Academy’s New Projects and Topics: August Update
Register For the School on the Practice and Theory of Distributed Computing
Join us for four days of hands-on computer science education with industry experts in a sunny paradise.