JetBrains Academy: New Projects and Topics in October
Looking back at October, Halloween was the highlight of the month. Our very first Math project was, as well! If you are brave enough to try your hand at haunted matrices, spooky probability theory and sometimes pretty scary linear algebra, this project will be just right for you. As with other JetBrains Academy projects, this one is divided into several stages of increasing complexity, so you don’t get overwhelmed (or scared).
Note that this project, as with other projects marked as Alpha or Beta, is still in the early stages of testing. In order to see beta projects on the platform, you need to have the Beta tester feature enabled in your profile settings.
There were lots of worthwhile content updates in October. Overall, we added 48 new topics and 5 projects to JetBrains Academy. Check them out!
What’s new in Java
- Spring Boot: Custom user store, Spring actuator, Introduction to Spring Data
- Debugging: Advanced debugger features, Debugging simple constructs
- Design patterns: Memento
What’s new in Python
Project: Algorithms with IMDB (Beta)
- Django: Deploying an app
- Code style: The pprint module
- Algorithms under the hood: Index() and in under the hood
The Honest Calculator project is no longer in testing and was publicly released in October.
What’s new in Kotlin
- Concurrency and parallelism: Thread management, Exceptions in threads
- Additional libraries: Image libraries
- Object-oriented programming: Generic functions
What’s new in Android
What’s new in Frontend
- HTML: Iframe and frameset
What’s new in Go
- Control flow: Control statements
- Packages and modules: Main (compiling and running)
- Functions: Calling functions
- Working with data: Working with files in Go
What’s new in Scala
What’s new in Data Science
Topics: Decision tree with sklearn
What’s new in Math
What’s new in Fundamentals
- Databases and SQL: Full-text search engines, Views, Window functions, Comments in SQL, Columnar databases, Graph databases
- Dev tools: Walking through directories in the command line, Searching executables, Introduction to text processing: wc, cut, tr
- Essentials: Cross-site scripting, Introduction to creational patterns, Factory methods and prototypes, Singleton
Your JetBrains Academy team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
JetBrains Academy’s New Projects and Topics: September Update
The latest content update, featuring four new projects and more than 90 new topics to learn.
JetBrains Academy’s New Projects and Topics: August Update
Register For the School on the Practice and Theory of Distributed Computing
Join us for four days of hands-on computer science education with industry experts in a sunny paradise.