Fleet 1.28 Is Now Available With AI Assistant, Improvements to the Run and Debug Tool, and Other Updates
Coding with Fleet just got faster with generative AI
Today we announced JetBrains AI Assistant, which brings powerful new features including AI chat, AI-based refactoring and code completion, and the ability to generate documentation and commit messages. These new capabilities are available in the 2023.3 versions of all our commercial IDEs and ReSharper, as well as in Fleet.
AI Assistant offers a faster and even more efficient way to work with Fleet. In June 2023, we announced limited access to the AI-powered features. Now you can explore the improved Fleet experience and sign up for a 7-day trial to begin chatting with AI on programming topics, generating code and documentation, or getting help in the terminal.
To start the free trial, select AI Assistant from the Tools menu or invoke an AI-powered action from the Actions menu, and then log in using your JetBrains Account.
The JetBrains team worked very hard on AI Assistant and we want to make sure it meets your needs, so please let us know what you think in the comments section below.
What else is new in 1.28?
AI Assistant is an exciting new improvement, but there are even more features to explore in 1.28:
- The Run and Debug tool is at the core of Fleet, and we are constantly working to improve this functionality. With this update you can now effortlessly delete configurations directly right from the Run and Debug popup, which makes configuration management more efficient and user-friendly. We’ve also revamped the Run configurations dialog, replacing the Copy to Clipboard action with one that conveniently pastes its content directly into run.json.
- You can now group files by directory in the Diff History view. This means that when comparing files, you can effortlessly navigate and analyze changes within the context of their respective directories. We expect this change will help you maintain a clear and organized overview of your code changes, saving you time and effort.
- The Show All Duplicates Like This functionality now operates seamlessly, allowing you to efficiently identify and manage duplicate code.
- Completion for PHP settings now works in settings.json, making it much easier to configure PHP in your project.
- We’ve rolled out a beta version of AI-driven code completion for Terraform. The feature understands your project’s context, offering tailored suggestions that align with your specific development needs. We value your feedback about this feature, especially during this beta phase, as your insights are crucial to our work of refining and perfecting it.
- You are once again able to change to in in lambda functions and add braces to arrow functions without issue.
With the AI Assistant release introducing so many new improvements to Fleet, this major update offers a wide range of new features for you to explore. We hope you like them! See the full release notes and the documentation for more details about the update.
Please report any issues you encounter to our issue tracker.
P.S. Support for plugins and plugin APIs is a work in progress, but the list of bundled plugins is now available and visible to everyone. To view it, select Plugins in the Actions menu.
Join the JetBrains Tech Insights Lab to participate in surveys, interviews, and UX studies. Help us make JetBrains Fleet better!
Subscribe to Blog updates
Fleet 1.30 is Out With Indent Guides, Support for Mocha Tests, Improved Quick-Fixes, and Other Enhancements
Fleet 1.30 is now available! Explore our latest release, which introduces many new features to improve your development experience. You can update to this latest version using the Toolbox App. Let’s take a closer look at the highlights of this update. New features We’ve added the option to Show…
Fleet 1.29 is Here With Support for Replacing Groups With Regex, Inline Variable Refactoring, and Other Updates
We’re excited to bring you the first Fleet release of 2024, which introduces several new features and improvements. You can update to this latest version using the Toolbox App. New features Now, you can effortlessly create new temporary files directly from pre-selected code fragments, streaml…
Fleet 1.27 Is Here With Emmet Support in PHP, a Compare With Clipboard Action, the Global Status Bar, New WSL Networking Mode Support, and More.
Fleet 1.27 has arrived! Check out our latest release, loaded with new features to make your development experience even better. Let's take a closer look at the highlights of this update. New features Now you can use Fleet to seamlessly compare two files, one in your editor and one in your clipb…
Fleet Preview Update 1.25: Amend Commit Feature, Inlay Hints, Ability To Disable Plugins, Shebang Mechanism Support, and More
Fleet 1.25 is now available! Explore our newest release, which introduces many new features to improve your development experience. Let’s take a closer look at the highlights of this update. New features We’ve made it possible to amend commits directly from the Git tool. You can now seamlessly …