What’s Next: GoLand Roadmap 2022.3
We’ve just released a new version of GoLand and are ready to share our plans for the next major update.
If you haven’t yet checked out what we packed into GoLand 2022.2, here’s a brief overview.
The second release brings:
- New quick-fixes, a bunch of code inspections, and other improvements for generics.
- A quick-fix for grouping multiple use directives in go.work files.
- The ability to run fuzz tests and explore failing ones inside the IDE, as well as a quick-fix to immediately change the Go SDK if the current SDK doesn’t support fuzzing.
- Support for new features that came with Go 1.19.
- Automatically detected SQL statements and comprehensive code assistance for them.
- Support for WebSocket connections and sending GraphQL queries over HTTP and WebSocket protocols.
GoLand also incorporates all of the features delivered in DataGrip 2022.2 and WebStorm 2022.2.
We always prepare an interactive version of “What’s New” right inside the IDE to allow you to learn about and try the new features! Complete the What’s New in GoLand 2022.2 tutorial from the Welcome screen to get more from your IDE.
Thank you to the most active users
We reward the most active evaluators during each Early Access Program. These are the users who have helped us make GoLand better by sharing their experience, feedback, and suggestions with us.
We truly appreciate your time and efforts! We will contact you shortly to send you a 1-year GoLand subscription and a branded T-shirt. Thank you!
GoLand 2022.3 | What’s next?
We can’t guarantee that all of the features listed below will be included in GoLand 2022.3.
The goal of the upcoming release is improving performance to make your experience with GoLand prompt, smooth, and responsive. Besides that, generics support will be improved.
Check out the details below.
- We are striving to improve the speed of indexing.
- We will optimize the execution of the go list command.
- Smart Code Completion will be reworked to show its suggestions faster.
- Large files from SDKs will be possible to index. The current file size limitation is 6 MB, and code insight features don’t work if the file is larger.
- Interaction with the UI will be smoother.
- We will fix the problem causing the UI to freeze when you use Actions on Save.
- We will continue to address false-positive suggestions in the code.
If you’d like to report a bug or suggest a feature, we are always happy to hear from you! Send us your feature requests via the bug tracker or tweet us @GoLandIDE.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!