IntelliJ IDEA 7 Passes Milestone 2

Posted on by Egor Malyshev

We’re proud to announce the availability of IntelliJ IDEA 7.0 Milestone 2 and the Free IntelliJ IDEA 7.0 Upgrade Program!

Major release highlights:

• Groovy and Grails support
  • Dependency Structure Matrix class dependency analysis
  • Integration between Spring and Hibernate
  • More flexible project configuration
  • New refactorings, Maven support, better performance, and more

Watch new features in the live action voice demo.

Download the fresh, free, 30-day evaluation version of IntelliJ IDEA 7.0 Milestone 2 for Windows, Mac or Linux.

With the Milestone 2 release JetBrains also announces the launch of Free IntelliJ IDEA 7.0 Upgrade Program.
When you buy IntelliJ IDEA version 6.0 before the end of 2007, you get all IntelliJ IDEA 7.0 Milestone releases for commercial use immediately, plus you can upgrade to IntelliJ IDEA 7.0 for free as soon as it is released!

Read more about the features of IntelliJ IDEA 6.0

Buy IntelliJ IDEA 6.0, find your upgrade plan or even get it for free for a classroom or an Open-Source project

Technorati tags: , ,
Comments below can no longer be edited.

6 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 7 Passes Milestone 2

1. AdrianM says:

August 14, 2007

I hope passing a milestone is less painful than passing a kidney stone 🙂

2. Mario Arias says:

August 14, 2007

I\’m a IntelliJ Hardcore Fan since Version 4.0 and I think that Selena will be the best IntelliJ Version

3. ideauser says:

August 14, 2007

Cool! I am a big IDEA fan and can’t live without it.

Have a question regarding your comment about free upgrade:

I have personal license of IDEA 6.0. I bought it few months back. Will I qualify for free 7.0 upgrade?

4. Matthew says:

August 15, 2007

Having download M2 version, I observe it slower when compiling than version 6.0. It takes an extra 5 secs on core2 processor when running current class. It seem to parse the file when running everytime.

The groovy plug-in ,JetGroovy , which Intellij download doesn’t work properly, citing groovy.lang class not found whenever I want to compile. I running groovy 1.1beta. The debugging facility is not working and won’t stop at breakpoint.

Wonder if other people face this problem or is it just me.

5. Thibaut says:

August 16, 2007

You’ll probably get more attention posting your problems here
    THis is the EAP forum and several Jetbrains developpers lurk there , as well as many of the IDEA fans which are also very helpful 🙂

6. Egor Malyshev says:

August 20, 2007

Ideauser,
    Unfortunately this offer is valid only for purchases made starting from August 13th. So, you will need to pay for the upgrade, but your current 6.0 key will work with version 7.0 until the end of the year.