Idea logo

The IntelliJ IDEA Blog

The Capable & Ergonomic Java IDE by JetBrains

Early Access Program

IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP Build 123.4 is Out

The new IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP 123.4 has been just released. This is the next stable build for upcoming release of IntelliJ IDEA 12 with bugfixes and new features.

The major changes in the release include:

• Alphabetization and name-based rules in Java Code Arrangement
  • Darcula UI improvements
  • Jetty 9 support
  • Event handlers support in Android UI Designer
  • Ability to name top-row columns in CSV Editor
  • Show History for directory for Mercurial

The full list of changes may be found in Release Notes.

Feel free to share your feedback and report bugs in our issue tracker.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

15 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP Build 123.4 is Out

1. Avatar

metyl says:

November 22, 2012

Nice build number 🙂

2. Avatar

Tomer Gabel says:

November 22, 2012

Anything Mac users should know (as with the previous build)?

3. Avatar

DK says:

November 22, 2012

How to enable CSV editor?

4. Avatar

Maxim Mossienko says:

November 22, 2012

Mac users should download complete dmg file.

5. Avatar

Andrey Cheptsov says:

November 22, 2012

CSV editor appears when you open any CSV file, see q tab switcher (in the bottom) between text and table editors.

6. Avatar

Rico says:

November 22, 2012

I love the Darcula theme! This is now the best looking IDE i know at all.

7. Avatar

Vladimir says:

November 22, 2012

Guys, I’ve found very annoying bug in a new update, please fix:

8. Avatar

Hus says:

November 22, 2012

Ruby and Scala plugins aren’t compatible with this build. I had to downgrade to latest IU-122.X build. Other than that, it looks great!

9. Avatar

Alexey Danilov says:

November 23, 2012

Same here: this update is not compatible with Scala and, consecutively, Play 2 support is disabled… that’s a real shame, I will have to roll back as well. Btw, will Idea 12 natively support Play 2 – both for Scala and Java – or it will have to rely on plugins? I’m getting constant error warnings with Scala plugin though it is still better than nothing I guess.

10. Avatar

Alexey Danilov says:

November 23, 2012

UPDATE: I have to correct myself: Scala plugin and Play 2 for Scala work with this release – you just have to manually uninstall previous versions of corresponding plugins and install new ones. But still there are numerous “IDE fatal error” warnings in Scala plugin.

11. Avatar

Sarah says:

November 23, 2012

How can I change the heap size for this version? I used to change the memory size in the Info.plist but it seems that the numbers are gone from the file.

12. Avatar

David says:

November 25, 2012

In the latest EAP I am having issues where using a shortcut with CTLR + something triggers the action twice. Such as CTRL+V pastes twice. It isn’t just clipboard actions, CTRL + / will comment out two lines. Once this behavior starts its continues consistently until restarting IntelliJ then it will behave for a while.

Ubuntu 12.10 & Oracle JDK 1.7u9.

13. Avatar

Cruz says:

November 25, 2012

Perhaps the next build could let us access the menu without starting a project first…

I like to set up my IDE settings before starting a project. 🙂

14. Avatar

Andriy says:

November 26, 2012

@Cruz
    Then do it – no one stops you from clicking on “Settings” button/entry

15. Avatar

Nick says:

November 28, 2012

Guys it feels like you are doing a lot of refactoring and old three years old issues are coming back.

I hope you have auto regression tests and they just they don’t cover all of the functionality otherwise it makes me very anxious.

Personally I use IDEA to gain productivity but sometimes I spend hours to workaround a bug.

Discover more