The Final IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP 123.23 Before RC

Posted on by Andrey Cheptsov

The new IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP 123.23 has been released and available for download. This is the final EAP build for upcoming release of IntelliJ IDEA 12 before the release candidate. Hurry up with the feedback!

The full list of changes in the release can be found in Release Notes.

Feel free to share your impressions and submit bug reports to our issue tracker.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

20 Responses to The Final IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP 123.23 Before RC

1. Erik Pragt says:

November 27, 2012

It would be really nice if this one could be fixed: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-75686

For me, it still doesn’t work. I don’t see any option to view the JPBM flow, even after adding the *.bpmn files to the XML files. It’s a super nice feature, and for me one of the main reasons to upgrade, but for me, it still doesn’t work, plus it seems to not have been fixed in any build…

2. Steve McLeod says:

November 27, 2012

What I love, love, love about IDEA 12 is that now when I accidentally press F1 on the Mac and the Help window appears, I can close it by pressing [esc]. This has been such a pet peeve of mine for as long as I’ve been using IDEA on OS X.

Such a tiny thing, but really something that interfered with my workflow.

Thank you, IDEA team!

3. K.B. says:

November 27, 2012

last one before RC… wonder if you guys think those bugs out there in youtrack are from people just making pranks on you, seriously!

The build system is still f***** up nicely, meaning resources still dont end up in the target space where they should be after a save (while any appserver is running) but you think about release (http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-95387). Its reproducable and could be showed at anytime – but no big interest from you so far….

4. meo says:

November 27, 2012

@Steve McLeod
    I have changed key mapping so that F1 opens recent projects…

5. David says:

November 27, 2012

I don’t think the new build changes are ready for RC. It still requires a full rebuild to get annotations to process.

6. Tommy says:

November 27, 2012

The new icon needs to be more colorful. It’s ok that it is “flat” though, just more colors.

7. Vladimir says:

November 27, 2012

I have a problem: I clean manually deploy folder, and then restart jboss-server (Shift + F9), but deploy folder is still empty.

I solved my problem: I deleted folder “compile-server”
    c:UsersUser.IntelliJIdea12systemcompile-server

How about creating new EAR-modules when I press Shift + F9 without deleting folder “compile-server” ?

8. Andrew Herron says:

November 27, 2012

You’ve taken this new icon style too far. Now that you’ve applied it to the application icon, it looks butt ugly in my OS X dock and command+tab list (the community edition icon, anyway).

9. Erdinc Yilmazel says:

November 27, 2012

The new icons are so ugly. Why don’t you give us the option to use the old icons? They are just so dull and low res.

10. Joe says:

November 28, 2012

The issue http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-83346 is really bothering me each day. I’m not sure how to raise its importance in the bugtracker, though 🙂

11. Nikolay Chashnikov says:

November 28, 2012

Vladimir, why do you need to clear the deploy folder manually? IDEA doesn’t watch changes in output folder so if you modified the output folder outside of IDEA you need to rebuild corresponding artifact using Build | ‘Build Artifacts’ action.

12. Jason Barry says:

November 28, 2012

I agree with the general comments on the icons. They are far too washed out looking and actually look disabled from a distance. A colleague of mine, a long time user of IntelliJ, saw Leda for the first time this morning and thought just that; that the icons were disabled.

The shades of blue used in the tab label to infer a modified file under source control make the label almost impossible to read, especially if the tab is not in focus. I’ve never had any issues with the IntelliJ palette or colours, there was simply way too much cool stuff going on around it for me to ever take notice, but with Leda the washed out icons and choice of palette for labels really takes away from all the great stuff going on under the hood.

13. Jason Barry says:

November 28, 2012

Worth pointing out that I seeing the washed out icons and label colours on a Mac OSX 10.7.4. The icons look much better and less washed out on my colleagues Windows 7 machine.

14. Jug User says:

November 28, 2012

In windows environment – Darcula theme is not applied to the project panel. Is there a bug for this?

Windows shows white color for the following.

15. Eugene Zhuravlev says:

November 28, 2012

> It still requires a full rebuild to get annotations to process.
    @David, the reason could be in project setup. And also annotation processing depend on the way processors are written. I must say that annotation processing support with the new build is way more functional and flexible than in ‘old’ implementation. Could you please submit an issue to our issue tracker and describe details there?

16. Jake Robb says:

November 28, 2012

No plans to fix this one? Seems silly to leave it behind.

17. Jake Robb says:

November 28, 2012

Also, I just reported a couple bugs that are new with 123.23:

The first one seems like it might be serious enough to warrant attention. The second one is annoying, but I can live with it. 🙂

Thanks! Other than these minor things, IDEA 12 is great!

18. Nick says:

November 28, 2012

Please fix aspectj incremental compilation in IDEA 12:

19. Erik Pragt says:

November 30, 2012

@Jug User
    Hey, I have the same problem. I thought it was intentionally still white, so I reverted back to my old theme, but on my Mac, the project view is not changed by switching the color schema.

20. dafman says:

November 30, 2012

I like the new icons, but on the mac retina display they are very blurry. Are you going to fix that?