IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.1 Update is Available

Posted on by Andrey Cheptsov

If you haven’t yet upgraded to IntelliJ IDEA 13.1, here’s another good reason to do it right now: the 13.1.1 update that takes care of a number 13.1 issues, including the performance degradation problem.

Download IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.1 from the official IntelliJ IDEA website or, if you’re already running on 13.1, just use the Check for Update menu command.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

28 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.1 Update is Available

1. Sergey says:

March 23, 2014

Hello,
    What about the announced in EAP release “-Dis.hidpi=true” option? Especially on Windows8.1 with HiDPI screen? I’ve tried to add this to idea.exe.vmoptions/idea64.exe.vmoptions and it seems it’s just doesn’t work – font rendering is just awful regardless this option is on or off.

• Fredrik says:

March 24, 2014

Yes, this is something I would really like for to work. I’m having the same problems om my Dell M4800. Tried a couple of different JDK:s but with the above result…

• Andrey Cheptsov says:

March 27, 2014

Eclipse is using SWT, not Swing.

2. Maik Diepenbroek says:

March 24, 2014

Upon updating this morning i could no longer run unit tests with Run -> [unit test name]. It returned an error: “Could not find or load main class IDEA”. I ended up downgrading to 13.0.3. Is this problem known ?

• Jacek says:

March 24, 2014

Same here, while trying to run Unit tests I get:
      Error: Could not find or load main class ${unitArgLine}

Process finished with exit code 1

• Marco says:

March 25, 2014

Same problem here. We have a custom argLine in the maven plugin configuration:

org.apache.maven.plugins
      maven-surefire-plugin

-XX:MaxPermSize=128m ${unit.argLine}

• Suman says:

March 25, 2014

I’m seeing the same problem as well. I cannot run TestNG tests from IDE. ${argLine} is added to the java commandline, which is being treated as main class name.

• Richard Kettelerij says:

April 2, 2014

Seems to be related to this issue: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-120642. Should be fixed in 13.1.2.

• Jim Ferry says:

April 11, 2014

Do you have any idea when 13.1.2 will release this bug is a show stopper for me.

• Richard Kettelerij says:

June 29, 2015

As a workaround add -Didea.maven.surefire.disable.argLine=true to idea.vmoptions (idea64.vmoptions)

3. Mattia says:

March 26, 2014

Same problem happened for me. Junit stopped working across all projects with the update.

• Ehsan says:

April 8, 2014

Same happened for me

4. Rom says:

March 26, 2014

Still it’s impossible to connect to tomcat instance while it’s working fine with 13.0.3.
    We are getting error message:
    Error running Bird: Unable to open debugger port : java.net.ConnectException “Connection refused: connect” and no additional logs or anything.

5. Leigh Warren says:

March 26, 2014

With 13.1 I now cannot retrieve a file history of any files in SVN. Error was E2000007: Retrieval of mergeinfo unsupported by

• Nigel Murray says:

March 28, 2014

I have the same problem as Leigh: Retrieval of mergeinfo unsupported by …

• Nigel Murray says:

March 28, 2014

After doing some searching, I discovered that the problem is related to svn servers before version 1.7 (mine is 1.6). I also found this workaround:

• Konstantin Kolosovsky says:

March 31, 2014

Should only be reproduced with svn repositories of version prior to 1.5. Please see corresponding issue. You could uncheck “Version Control” -> “Subversion” -> “Presentation” tab -> “Show merge source in history and annotations” checkbox to fix the case.

• Hiran Karandeniya says:

July 24, 2014

Thanks Konstantin… you saved my day 🙂

• Uriel elster says:

August 14, 2014

Funny, I had this problem with 1.7 when upgraded to 13, so i unchecked the box and it started work.

• Lucas Souza says:

August 25, 2014

Thanks for the tip!

6. Artem Oboturov says:

March 28, 2014

Overall performance is really awful, not compilation, but code analysis in general, project structure updates, hooks after checkouts, etc. Going to rollback.

• Maxim Mossienko says:

March 30, 2014

Please submit performance snapshot to YouTrack, thank you!

7. Mustafa says:

March 28, 2014

code completion in xml not work, new line problem when press enter. i hate this version 13.1.1, please roll back!

• Maxim Mossienko says:

March 30, 2014

Please submit more details about your problems to YouTrack, thank you in advance!

8. Navi says:

April 24, 2014

Impossible to connect to remote JBoss debugger port while it’s working fine with 13.0.3.
    Getting error message:

Unable to do any remote debugging?

Do we know if this issue has been fixed in 13.1.2?

9. Matthew Payne says:

April 24, 2014

This version was much better that 13.1.2. Any with Grails and another project open eventually starts indexing like crazy…

10. Navi says:

April 25, 2014

impossible to connect to JBoss remote instance for remote debugging while it’s working fine with 13.0.3. We are getting error message: Error running test: Unable to open debugger port : java.net.ConnectException “Connection refused: connect” and no additional logs or anything.

Is remote debugging connection refused is fixed in 13.1.2?

Please respond as I am unable to do any remote debugging.

Thanks

11. sam says:

June 17, 2014

My svn pre-commit hook, how can i solve it