IntelliJ IDEA 14 Preview is Available!
Many of you, together with the IntelliJ IDEA team, have been waiting for this moment for some time: today we can finally reveal what we’ve been working on during the year to make your Java development even more of a pleasure. We’re extremely happy to announce that IntelliJ IDEA 14 is now available as a preview.
Everyone is welcome to download it and give the new features a try right away!
As always, IntellIJ IDEA 14 is better in every way: the UI, the editor, built-in developer tools, and coding assistance across all the supported frameworks. The major changes include:
- Built-in Decompiler for Java classes
- Displaying of variable values next to their usages in the Editor when debugging
- The new Debugger action Show Referring Objects
- Evaluation of lambda expressions and anonymous classes in Evaluate Expression and Watches
- Evaluation of operator expression via mouse when debugging
- Faster project opening
- Smarter behavior of the Backspace key in the Editor, according to Code Styles
- The new Code Folding option that displays parameter names of literal arguments
- Improved Multiple Selections
- The new Scratch Files
- A Change Signature refactoring for Scala along with better support for SBT and faster performance
- The new Android Studio Beta‘s features
- The advanced coding assistance for Thymeleaf
- Better Gradle support
- The built-in SceneBuilder for editing JavaFX layouts
- Improved support for Git and Mercurial
- Developer tools for PhoneGap, Cordova and Ionic
- Updated Database Tools
And, of course, there’s more, so check out the official preview page for more details and download links.
The final release of IntelliJ IDEA v14 is planned later this fall.
Develop with pleasure!
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Release Candidate Is Out
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Release Candidate is now available! You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. To use this build, you need to have an active subscription to IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate. Download IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 RC As we …
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Beta 3 Is Out!
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Beta 3 is now available for download! You can get the latest build through our website, the free Toolbox App, from inside the IDE, or by using snaps for Ubuntu. Download IntelliJ IDEA Beta 3 This marks the last week before the release candidate is scheduled for delivery…
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Beta 2 Is Out!
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Beta 2 is out and ready for you to download! You can get the latest build from our website or via the free Toolbox App. You can also upgrade to 2023.3 Beta 2 from inside the IDE, or by using snaps for Ubuntu. Download IntelliJ IDEA Beta 2 While the team puts the finishi…