IntelliJ IDEA 14 RC2 is Available

Posted on by Andrey Cheptsov

If you haven’t noticed yet, we’ve just published IntelliJ IDEA 14 RC2, one more release candidate packed with fixes and enhancements.

Hurry up to give a glance at this new build, because if you’ll find no problems, it’s very likely to become the final release, in several days. Your feedback is very welcome at the discussion forum, and in our issue tracker.

Update: the new updater works with binary patches only and can’t be applied to an installation patched with the previous one. The original installation of 139.144 will be patched successfully.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

18 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 14 RC2 is Available

1. Florin Patan says:

Hi,

Since it’s the last chance for feedback…
    Can we please get this fixed?
    https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-128849 and the (duplicate) ticket: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-131833
    I’m willing to help out with the fix on it but I just need someone to point me out at the source / tell me what to look for and I’ll do it as it’s very important for the plugin authors like me.

Thank you very much.

P.S. Love the new splash screen!

2. Stephan says:

Still some issues with JSF unfortunately 🙁

IDEA-132055.

Regards,
    Stephan

3. Yoav Vainrich says:

Updating from RC1 fails:

• Andrey Cheptsov says:

October 29, 2014

Yes, as expected. I’ve added the explanation to the post, please refresh.

• Maciej M says:

October 29, 2014

So we were able to patch up to 139.144 but this one can’t be patched unless it was original clean installation?

4. Terence Martin says:

October 29, 2014

Is there any chance/hope that https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-102890 is going to end up in the final version 14? YouTrack say no fixed in build; if it’s actually in a build prior to the one you just announced here (I haven’t updated to it just yet), the fix isn’t working. It’s not mentioned in the list of fixes in this RC.

I hope you can slip it in there, it’s mind bogglingly annoying to have to constantly reformat my comments by hand.

• Yaroslav Lepenkin says:

October 29, 2014

Hi, Martin, it should work fine in both RC’s. Please, see my comment in issue tracker.

• Terence Martin says:

October 30, 2014

I have replied there. Looks like that issue is actually fixed and I’m noticing a different “problem” now, which is an inconsistency between the word wrap that happens dynamically and the word wrap that the code reformatter uses.

Sorry for the noise.

5. Frederik Scheper says:

October 29, 2014

In the final release, will the experimental JDK8 version for OS/X be published on the IntelliJ download page as well as the default JDK6 based version?

• Maxim Mossienko says:

October 29, 2014

No, however you can download it with explicit link for your own risk

6. Roger says:

October 29, 2014

Still getting error while compiling android project for android with multiple libraries :

7. Jakub says:

October 29, 2014

This is the first time I had a problem with upgrading, pls can you take a look at this? http://i.imgur.com/rOYFvfd.png … I was upgrading from the last available update and I haven’t done anything but programming in idea. I’m on ubuntu… thanks

• Andrey Cheptsov says:

October 31, 2014

This is the expected behaviour, you’ll have to download RC2 and install from scratch, patches won’t work. Please read the update in the blog post for more details.

• Jakub says:

October 31, 2014

Ok, thanks. I hoped it wouldn’t be this case. Every time I did this I lost part of my idea Settings even though I chose to use the existing config in ~/.IdeaIC14. It seems to me that a lot of settings is stored in the idea installation dir instead of ~/.IdeaIC14

• ABR says:

November 3, 2014

Agreed, this is a pain. Since it now requires a full update, I guess I’ll just wait for the final 14, rather than doing any more testing of RC versions.

8. Dave Stevens says:

October 29, 2014

I’m seeing serious visual issues after going from RC1 to RC2. https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-132114

I’m going to have to go back to 13 or reinstall 14 RC1 until this is sorted out.

9. Bijoy Thomas says:

October 30, 2014

I find that IntelliJ 14 RC2 sometimes takes up almost 100% of the CPU. The log shows multiple lines line below:
    50 ms execution limit failed for: com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl

Is this some know issue?

10. Vitali says:

November 2, 2014

Hello guys! I love IDEA. And i love to make my apps in it. And now i use preview screen for Android dev. All perfect but… It can’t be used for create custom dialogs 🙁