IntelliJ IDEA 14 RC3 is Available

If you’ve missed a chance to play with the two earlier IntelliJ IDEA 14 RCs, you’re welcome to try the third one! It has all the perks of its predecessors, plus some new enhancements.

As usual, we’re waiting for your feedback at the discussion forum, and in our issue tracker, so please let us know what you think!

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Part-time dreamer. JVM/JavaScript geek. IntelliJIDEA Marketing Manager at JetBrains.
This entry was posted in Release Candidates and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 14 RC3 is Available

1. Jakub says:

I’d like to lob for https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/SCL-2956 … I haven’t seen a text in quick documentation tooltip since I installed 14 EAP which is the most annoying thing I encountered since I first tried scala plugin.

2. Chris says:

RC3 rejects IDEA 13 license keys?

3. Jason says:

Yup, my license key is also rejected. My speculation is RC3 is approaching final release, hence JB is implementing the license check.

4. Jhon v says:

Is this issue http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/SCL-7372 will be fixed in 14 release?

5. Matt says:

My IDEA 13 key was rejected. I’d ask my employer to purchase an upgrade key, but that’s not yet possible, so I’m using the 30-day evaluation period. :-/

6. Bijoy Thomas says:

For me IntelliJ 14 RC3 is extremely slow because it hogs up almost 100% of the CPU. Nothing in the logs indicates what it is doing. The memory usage indicator shows that its not a memory issue. Any kind of method usage search usually locks up the editor and freezes the IDE and CPU usage shoots to over 90%. I noticed this with IntelliJ 14 RC2 as well but its worse with RC3.

7. Rohit says:

It looks like that indexing in 14( 139.223.8) is broken – For no apparent reason, Idea keeps on indexing in loop – finishes indexing, and within a minute starts indexing again and then again … During this time there was no change( external or via the editor) to the locations idea keeps on trying to index.

8. Claudiu says:

The “Navigation Bar” is broken when floating. Open it, drill down in the selected package, then navigate left to the previous package, while the list of files is visible.

9. Andrei says:

Same issue as @Rohit

10. IndexingPain says:

Every so often i’ll run gradle clean build. Which causes intellij to hang while indexing. This causes so much pain! Please fix this!

11. Alex glass says:

Upgraded to Java 8 and IntelliJ 14. My builds are failing to complete due to out of memory issues now. I tried significantly upping memory with the vmoptions and had no improvement. My project fails to compile after over ten minutes which is about 5 times longer than a typical build.

12. Abhishek says:

Same issue as @Rohit

13. Abhishek says:

rolled back to 14.0.3 now it is working fine

14. Justin says:

Had the same problems as others here. After installing, starting a new Scala project maxed out the CPU and took about 5 minutes to index and build a project with no source files.