IntelliJ IDEA 14.0.2 Update is Available

If, for any reason, you haven’t switched to IntelliJ IDEA 14 already, it’s a perfect moment to do so —we just released IntelliJ IDEA 14.0.2, and it’s packed with important bugfixes and improvements.

14_0_2_update

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Part-time dreamer. JVM/JavaScript geek. IntelliJIDEA Marketing Manager at JetBrains.
This entry was posted in Releases and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 14.0.2 Update is Available

1. Jakub says:

Thank you, the past few releases work pretty well. Is there any way to distinguish between releases that you can upgrade to and those that you must download? Except for the “upgrade” notification has just dowonload button instead of “upgrade and restart” button?

• Maxim Mossienko says:

What is your update channel ?
      Usually, release update channel gets patches between minor update versions. Eap update channel gets patch from previous eap / release version.

2. Timur says:

Guys please fix this issue https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-90564
    in IntelliJ IDEA 13 Alt+Home worked as expected.

3. Vladimir says:

Please fix android/gradle integration.

4. dp says:

the new build cannot create new project, error message is

Throwable: Icon cannot be found in ‘/addmodulewizard.png’, aClass=’class com.codename1.plugin.intellij.module.CodenameOneModuleWizardStep’

5. Antonel Pazargic says:

Hi,

I will never understand “entirely” the update mechanism in IDEA, and for sure will hate it forever, completely.
    I understand the update should be subsequent versions of same channel.
    But in case smb. uses EAP (and this is my case for learning projects) all the time, why:
    1. updates Major Version Releases -> EAP works
    2. updates EAP -> EAP works
    3. but updates EAP -> Major Version Releases DOESN’T WORK even if the build numbers are subsequent. I don’t know why is that. They are subsequent revisions and, IMHO, the patch is supposed to work even smoother than updates between subsequent Major Version Releases.

Thank you in advance for useful explanations.

Best regards.

6. Antonel Pazargic says:

Speaking of open issues.

I try hardly to survive with the following issues:
    1. IDEA-122217 SVN commit fails when committing lots of files in one commit (resulting svn command length exceed the limit)
    2. IDEA-131683 Too subtle which is active tab/window

… and because of them, for me, “develop with pleasure” started to fade out….

Just wondering why 2 gets so long to be implemented. I find myself regularly “bend” my monitor in order to see which tab is active. I got the habit to look at the IDEA window title bar, which didn’t do in the past.

Don’t get me wrong. Even with this 2 issues (especially 1) I favor a lot IDEA over the other IDEs.

Best regards

7. UV says:

Very Special Bug introduced in this 14.0.2 release
    You introduced a most funny/annoying bug in this release.
    In Editor Window -> Search ( ctrl-F)
    The dark gray frame on top and below the search window grows with mouse enter/over or window scrolling events continuously.
    It might even cover the complete editor window. The more you do in the window the faster it grows.
    I tried changing the font as a possible cause to no avail.
    Please fix this soon.

8. Feixiang He says:

Hooray! Can I ask for the new version in ZIP format? Company’s network blocks all direct URL to exe files…

9. Laurent says:

Is there something special to do to be able to use the new “Show Variables in Editor” options? For some reason, I can’t seem to see any variable value in the editor while debugging (only in the debug pane) and I can’t seem to find any menu item or setting related to this option. Nothing in the forum either. I must be missing something very simple…

• Laurent says:

Of course, I posted after trying for about 30 mins, and as soon as I posted the question, I found the answer. Nothing to do. The values are there in the editor.

10. Dirk says:

“Failed to download patch file: Read timed out”

How does Intellij try to load the Patch-File? Has this been changed from HTTP to HTTPS? It has been working for us all the time, now it seems broken.

Or has the timeout value been changed with IntelliJ 14? We have a proxy that takes some time to scan all requested content…