IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 EAP 140.2285.5 is Out

Today we have published a new IDEA 14.1 EAP build. It fixes many bugs found in the first EAP build and also includes new features and improvements. In particular it supports automatic setup of GWT facets for projects imported from Gradle and allows you to view differences in a more compact form:

Compact Diff Viewer

If you experience any problems or want to suggest a new feature, feel free to write to our discussion forum or file issues directly to the issue tracker.

This entry was posted in EAP Releases, New Features and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 EAP 140.2285.5 is Out

1. Vladimir says:

Any chance you guys can fix this one:

Right now stable and all latest EAP’s is unusable for android development.
    I have to switch back to AndroidStudio from Ultimate version.

2. Nontas says:

Good job but PHP plugin is incompatible with this version…

• Mikhail Vink says:

We’ll issue a compatible PHP plugin soon as soon as PhpStorm 9 EAP is started (ETA end of February / first weeks of March).

3. Anver Bogatov says:

За рекламой куда обращаться? :)

4. Dmitry says:

The new diff view is nice.

Do you have any plans to move it to the side of the dialog rather than the bottom?
    I like to have “full height” tree view. Besides monitors are usually much wider than taller.
    So I would suggest some “Outlook like” layout: tree view on the left, diff at the top in the middle part, comment – under the diff and options in the right-hand bar.

I thought there was already a ticket like that. But I cannot find it. Should I create a new one?

5. Áxel says:

Guys, I really feel very disappointed about the PHP Plugin incompatibility.

I think there is a big difference between we being your supporters and trying your beta builds, and you consciously releasing a version which lacks one of the IDE features, without warning us about that.

You can follow up the discussion here: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WI-26458#comment=27-919143

6. Alexey Danilov says:

In this build tool windows can no longer be closed by pressing middle mouse button on the window header – something I found pretty useful. Now the only option is to click on a tool’s icon, or to use a shortcut

7. Emmanuel says:

Version very buggy, freezes IntelliJ black screen. Green background in the VCS change pop-up … All colleagues have reloaded the previous version are expecting a more stable version.

• Maciej says:

Whole 14.1 is just one big misunderstanding. Buggy as hell. Slow on random occasions. Lots on new things but overall experience is bad. (my current version is 14.1.2).