IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 EAP 140.2493.5 is Out

Nikolay Chashnikov

If you haven’t noticed yet, a fresh IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 EAP build is already available for download. In addition to bugfixes it also brings you enhanced Scratch Files feature. Scratch Files (Tools → New Scratch File) were introduced in IDEA 14.0 but now they become real files stored in IDE settings so they are shown in Project View, they survive IDE restarts and even can be executed:Executable Scratch

Get the new EAP build and share your feedback on our discussion forum or report any found bugs directly to the tracker.

Comments below can no longer be edited.

12 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 EAP 140.2493.5 is Out

1. popalka says:

February 18, 2015

Thanks for you work, guys!

I wish happy marriages for all lone developers 🙂

2. Mark T. Kennedy says:

February 18, 2015

i’m confused. i’m running 140.2285.5. when i say “check for updates”, it says i’m at the latest version. but clearly i’m not. explanation?

• Nikolay Chashnikov says:

February 19, 2015

Automatic update should be available now.

3. Mark T. Kennedy says:

February 18, 2015

let me clarify. previous updates to my EAP instance were implemented in place. “check for updates” would detect, download, and patch the current instance (within the current file tree). this update to my EAP instance was *not* detected by “check for update”. so to update, i had to download and install by hand. and that is the source of my confusion. when is it done in place? when (and why) does it require a fresh download?
    b

• Sam Razialruh says:

February 19, 2015

usually, it takes some time, then the update feature is also available

• Daniel Clausen says:

February 19, 2015

I had the same problem. Now the update from 2285 to 2493 is available from within IntelliJ.

4. Tropper says:

February 18, 2015

Nice, I don’t know how many time I created dummy file under /tmp for that reason. Great feature!

Keep up the good work 🙂

5. Stephan says:

February 19, 2015

How is it possible to run a Java scratch file, for example?

• Antonel Pazargic says:

February 20, 2015

@Stefan: I came across the same problem. Can’t run scala and java scratch files.

• Antonel Pazargic says:

February 20, 2015

Sorry! I meant @Stephan.

6. Steve says:

February 20, 2015

And once more us PHP developers are not allowed to participate, it’s now been almost 2 weeks since the initial release and still no plugin update.
    Why can’t you just mention in the blog entry that the API version has changed and PHP will break or something (or even better, make sure it gets updated as well)? It is an officially supported IntelliJ language no?

7. Antonel Pazargic says:

February 20, 2015

Hi,

First thing I look for when a new EAP is out is the fix of the following ticket
    Is it so hard to fix it?

Best regards