IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 is Here!
What makes a better Spring present than a fresh update for your favorite Java IDE? We’ve worked hard this year to make it happen. Go ahead and grab IntelliJ IDEA 14.1, packed with new features, improvements, and bug-fixes.
Most parts of the IDE have been enhanced in one way or another:
- We’ve added debugger capabilities to the built-in decompiler introduced in IntelliJ IDEA 14.
- Please welcome the brand new Extract Functional Parameter refactoring. Some existing refactorings have been extended as well, including Extract Method, Make Static, Change Signature, and Safe Delete.
- Try out the brand new Distraction Free Mode for better focus, and take advantage of HiDPI support for Windows or Linux.
- If you develop for Android, you’ll appreciate all the enhancements and new features brought into v14.1 from the latest Android Studio.
- Groovy compilation now works much faster.
- We’ve reworked the Gradle tool window.
- Git and Mercurial log viewers have been improved.
- The update brings advanced support for Spring Boot and initial support for Bnd/Bndtools projects.
- V14.1 introduces initial support for Docker.
- Database tools offer multiple consoles per data source, now with a schema switcher, local history, and easier access.
- For improved code generation, you can now customize templates for equals/hashCode and getter/setter methods
- The HTML editor has been extended with a cool new option for simultaneously editing both opening and closing HTML tags.
- And much more…
Read What’s new in IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 for more details on these and many other new features.
If you’d like a few pointers on exploring the new features of IntelliJ IDEA 14.1, join our free April 2nd webinar (14:00 – 15:00 GMT). We’ll show you around the IDE and, of course, answer all your questions.
But, enough reading. Nothing beats first-hand experience, so download the fresh update and give it a try already! Don’t forget to share your feedback, too.
Develop with Pleasure!
Subscribe to Blog updates
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3.4 Is Out!
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3.4, a new bug-fix update, is now available! You can update to this version from inside the IDE, using the Toolbox App, or using snaps if you are a Ubuntu user. You can also download it from our website. Here are the most important fixes and updates in Intell…
What’s New in IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate 2023.3
In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the new features, showcasing what IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate 2023.3 has to offer to bring you a superior coding experience.
Top 10 UI Updates in IntelliJ IDEA for 2023
Hey there, fellow developers! Today, we want to share the most significant UI updates from 2023 that have transformed how IntelliJ IDEA looks and functions. New UI Of course, the highlight of our recent updates was the launch of our new, clean, and modern UI. This was first announced at the en…
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3.3 Is Out!
We’ve just released the third bug-fix update for v2023.3. You can update to this version from inside the IDE, using the Toolbox App, or using snaps if you are a Ubuntu user. You can also download it from our website. In this latest update, we've included a range of fixes and enhancem…