Idea logo

The IntelliJ IDEA Blog

The Capable & Ergonomic Java IDE by JetBrains

Releases

IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.1 Update is Available

If you’ve been hesitating whether to install the latest IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 to enjoy a variety of new features it brings, do so no more: the 14.1.1 update is here, and it’s even better!

In case you’re already running IntelliJ IDEA 14.1, then just click HelpCheck for Updates, and you’re all set.

For more details about the new features available in IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 check out the What’s New page or sign up for the live webinar scheduled for tomorrow, April 2nd, at 14:00 – 15:00 UTC.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

26 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.1 Update is Available

1. Avatar

stepand76 says:

April 1, 2015

Thanks for the update. Just wondering when JS debugging in Firefox will work finally? It is unusable since 14.0…

• Ekaterina Prigara

Ekaterina Prigara says:

April 1, 2015

There’s a separate debug configuration for Firefox now. My colleague provided more details in the issue.

2. Avatar

MuppetGate says:

April 1, 2015

And here’s hoping we don’t have a repeat of last year’s April 1st release. Many of us still have to work…

Alexander says:

April 1, 2015

In fact, it is. On my Mac this update is crashing with OOM trololo

Andrey Cheptsov says:

April 2, 2015

Can you file an issue with the logs attached?

3. Avatar

stefano says:

April 1, 2015

I can download only the custom jdk version with JDK 1.8.0_40.
    This configuration in my Mac Book Pro 17″ mid 2009, 10.10.2 requires the fast GPU that drain the battery very fast and use a lot of CPU.

The 14.1.1 can be used also with JDK 1.6?
    If yes, where I can download the 14.1.1 without custom jdk?
    If no, how can I fix the battery drain or don’t use the fast GPU?

Thanks.
    S.

4. Avatar

koray says:

April 2, 2015

Is there a way to downgrade back to the previous build ?
    All my filetypes (even standard ones like .js and .json) are no longer recognized..
    I cannot get it fixed..

Andrey Cheptsov says:

April 2, 2015

Could you try to invalidate caches and restart the IDE? Let me know if this helps.

koray says:

April 2, 2015

no cigar … I still get plain text on every file I choose …
        I also tried disabling all non-̋Jetbrains Plugins whitout luck 🙁 I really need to get some work done today.. now it is like I am using notepad :p

koray says:

April 2, 2015

is there a link somewhere to the previous build ? because that one worked flawlessly..

koray says:

April 2, 2015

if I try to do something with filetypes I get

NoSuchMethodError: com.intellij.openapi.fileTypes.FileTypeEvent.getManager()Lcom/intellij/openapi/fileTypes/FileTypeManager;

koray says:

April 2, 2015

this had to do with the ‘OpenWith’-plugin I installed to see if I could get js files, which are currently recognized as plain text, to open in de Javascript viewer.. no luck

5. Avatar

Frederik Scheper says:

April 3, 2015

Did the patch for https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issueMobile/IDEA-137930 make it into 14.1.1? Michael G
    said it would, but it looks like it didn’t…

6. Avatar

arundil says:

April 3, 2015

Code completion stops working from time to time and I need to restart the idea to fix it.

7. Avatar

Clinton Foster says:

April 3, 2015

I can’t figure out how to determine what’s new in 14.1.1 versus 14.1 on the cited “What’s New” page. Am I missing something?

Andrey Cheptsov says:

April 6, 2015

You should be able to see the badges “14.1” and “14” next to each new feature.

sabbas says:

April 6, 2015

But there are no badges for features specific for 14.1.1.

The post clearly says “For more details about the new features available in IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.1 check out the What’s New page”

Andrey Cheptsov says:

April 7, 2015

Sorry, you’re right. I fixed the wrong text. Now it says “For more details about the new features available in IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 check out the What’s New page…”. 14.1.1 is a bug-fixing update.

8. Avatar

Steef D. says:

April 4, 2015

I use both IntelliJ & Visual Studio for my day to day work, and I have to say, IntelliJ is not even close to the superior package Visual Studio is.

9. Avatar

Johan says:

April 5, 2015

Uhm… The update is *not* available via “Check for Updates” :-/

10. Avatar

Ahmadster says:

April 7, 2015

Just updated to 14.1.1 on my Mac, it eats up my CPU and very sluggish. Had to downgrade and reinstall my plugins.

11. Avatar

Alejandro Diaz says:

April 7, 2015

Load average on my PC got incremented substantially. Now I have to restart the IDE and Tomcat once per hour.

12. Avatar

Даниил Водопьян says:

April 22, 2015

Hi, I can’t find a way to upgrade via a patch.
    IDEA only has a button to download, which requires manual reinstalation.
    I use InteliJ IDEA Ultimate 14.0.3
    Thanks!

Andrey Cheptsov says:

April 23, 2015

The patch is available for updating from IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 only.

Discover more