IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.1 Update is Available

If you’ve been hesitating whether to install the latest IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 to enjoy a variety of new features it brings, do so no more: the 14.1.1 update is here, and it’s even better!

In case you’re already running IntelliJ IDEA 14.1, then just click HelpCheck for Updates, and you’re all set.

For more details about the new features available in IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 check out the What’s New page or sign up for the live webinar scheduled for tomorrow, April 2nd, at 14:00 – 15:00 UTC.

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Part-time dreamer. JVM/JavaScript geek. IntelliJIDEA Marketing Manager at JetBrains.
This entry was posted in Releases and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.1 Update is Available

1. stepand76 says:

Thanks for the update. Just wondering when JS debugging in Firefox will work finally? It is unusable since 14.0…

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

There’s a separate debug configuration for Firefox now. My colleague provided more details in the issue.

2. MuppetGate says:

And here’s hoping we don’t have a repeat of last year’s April 1st release. Many of us still have to work…

3. stefano says:

I can download only the custom jdk version with JDK 1.8.0_40.
    This configuration in my Mac Book Pro 17″ mid 2009, 10.10.2 requires the fast GPU that drain the battery very fast and use a lot of CPU.

The 14.1.1 can be used also with JDK 1.6?
    If yes, where I can download the 14.1.1 without custom jdk?
    If no, how can I fix the battery drain or don’t use the fast GPU?

4. koray says:

Is there a way to downgrade back to the previous build ?
    All my filetypes (even standard ones like .js and .json) are no longer recognized..
    I cannot get it fixed..

• Andrey Cheptsov says:

Could you try to invalidate caches and restart the IDE? Let me know if this helps.

• koray says:

no cigar … I still get plain text on every file I choose …
        I also tried disabling all non-̋Jetbrains Plugins whitout luck :( I really need to get some work done today.. now it is like I am using notepad :p

• koray says:

is there a link somewhere to the previous build ? because that one worked flawlessly..

• koray says:

if I try to do something with filetypes I get

NoSuchMethodError: com.intellij.openapi.fileTypes.FileTypeEvent.getManager()Lcom/intellij/openapi/fileTypes/FileTypeManager;

• koray says:

this had to do with the ‘OpenWith’-plugin I installed to see if I could get js files, which are currently recognized as plain text, to open in de Javascript viewer.. no luck

5. Frederik Scheper says:

Did the patch for make it into 14.1.1? Michael G
    said it would, but it looks like it didn’t…

6. arundil says:

Code completion stops working from time to time and I need to restart the idea to fix it.

7. Clinton Foster says:

I can’t figure out how to determine what’s new in 14.1.1 versus 14.1 on the cited “What’s New” page. Am I missing something?

• Andrey Cheptsov says:

You should be able to see the badges “14.1” and “14” next to each new feature.

• sabbas says:

But there are no badges for features specific for 14.1.1.

The post clearly says “For more details about the new features available in IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.1 check out the What’s New page”

• Andrey Cheptsov says:

Sorry, you’re right. I fixed the wrong text. Now it says “For more details about the new features available in IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 check out the What’s New page…”. 14.1.1 is a bug-fixing update.

8. Steef D. says:

I use both IntelliJ & Visual Studio for my day to day work, and I have to say, IntelliJ is not even close to the superior package Visual Studio is.

9. Johan says:

Uhm… The update is *not* available via “Check for Updates” :-/

10. Ahmadster says:

Just updated to 14.1.1 on my Mac, it eats up my CPU and very sluggish. Had to downgrade and reinstall my plugins.

11. Alejandro Diaz says:

Load average on my PC got incremented substantially. Now I have to restart the IDE and Tomcat once per hour.

12. Даниил Водопьян says:

Hi, I can’t find a way to upgrade via a patch.
    IDEA only has a button to download, which requires manual reinstalation.
    I use InteliJ IDEA Ultimate 14.0.3