A few days ago we had a pleasure to host a live webinar with Stéphane Nicoll of Pivotal, one of core Spring and Spring Boot developers. In this one hour hands-on coding session Stéphane gave an introduction into Spring Boot and its support in the newly-released IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 by building a simple web application.
If you couldn’t make it to the webinar, you can watch its recording anytime, because it’s been made available at our YouTube channel.
In case you want to jump directly to a topic you’re most interested in, here’re a few links:
- Using Spring Initializr from the Project wizard
- Creating a JPA entity and Spring Data repository
- Running a Spring Boot application
- Exposing a repository via Spring Data REST
- Editing application configuration
- Spring application validation
- Defining custom configuration keys
- Creating Spring Boot dedicated Run configuration
- Enabling Spring profiles
- Coding assistance in application configuration files
The source code of the application developed during the webinar is available on GitHub.
We hope you enjoyed this webinar, and are planning to host some more of them in the foreseeable future, so we’d love to hear from you what other topics and hosts would be interesting to you. Feel free to share your comments and feedback in the comments!
Develop with Pleasure!