IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.4 Update is Out

We’ve just released IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.4, a fresh update for your IDE that ships with a number of useful fixes.

Updating is easy: Download the new version from the website, or install the patch from the IDE by clicking Check for Updates (available if you are already running IntelliJ IDEA 14.1).

About Andrey Cheptsov

Part-time dreamer. JVM/JavaScript geek. IntelliJIDEA Marketing Manager at JetBrains.
This entry was posted in Releases and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.4 Update is Out

1. Sergii says:

It’s not a big problem, but 14.1.3 (141.1010) only proposes to download a new version and does not propose to update in place using patch. Is this expected, or the patch way should be available?

2. Lucas says:

After “checking for updates” a dialog box shows 3 options:
    – Ignore this update
    – Remind me later
    – More info

Shouldn’t there be a fourth option “update” or “download”?
    BTW I am using Intellij 14.1.3 on Mac OS X 10.10.3.

3. Randy Burgess says:

Git seems to be broken in the 14.1.4 Windows release. No changed files are showing as changed, at least not for long. They appear temporarily in the change set view but then disappear and this error shows up in the console tab.

Unable to run git: C:\Progra~2\Git\bin\git.exe (Empty git –version output: )

Running this from the windows command line obviously it is returning the version info.
    C:\Users\rburge5>C:\Progra~2\Git\bin\git.exe –version
    git version 1.9.5.msysgit.1

Doesn’t look like the version control changes were *actually tested* on Windows. Rolling back to 14.1.3, which was working perfectly for me.

• Kirill Likhodedov says:

Does it help if specify the full path to Git executable (without “~2” abbreviation)?

• Randy Burgess says:

I just changed it to the short name, which is still the full path, to see if that would change anything. It didn’t, however even after rolling back to 14.1.3 I got the same error so I knew something else was up, so I apologize for the unfounded criticism.

Being Windows, I just rebooted and now 14.1.3 is working fine again. I’m going to install .4 now and if this comes up again I’ll post it here. Thanks!!!

• Randy Burgess says:

14.1.4 working fine now. Another fine example of why the Mac tends to be the preferred development option.

4. snowdream says:

My Project is an android project ,which contains an moudle app,and serverl module libs.

i build it with gradle with intellij idea14.1.4
    i modify the default action,make to gradle task “assembleDevelopDebug”(Develop is a falvor name) .

Now ,i found two problems:
    1. The source directories are not correctly be markes as source directory,but resource directory.
    2. In my java source file, i have see a lot of red warnings,”can not resolve symbol R”, for example. R.string.route_after .

5. Eric says:

I am currently working in an environment where we can run regular applications, but anything that is considered an “Installer”, touches the Windows Installer, updates the registry, etc… is not allowed without elevated privileges.

I have been informed that I do not require privileges to “patch” an app by dropping in updated support files or jar files.

Is there a way to update 14.0.1 to 14.1.4 through a simple file replacement update using platform independent Jar files in a tgz or other compressed file?

6. Paolo says:

After updated to 14.1.4 i lost idea.exe now i have to run with idea.bat :(

7. Sujeet says:

Hi guys,
    After updated to 14.1.4 update, the maven projects cannot resolve any symbols in dependent jars. We use hadoop jars. I added local repositories to the projects too but still cannot resolve. Very frustrating.

8. Ebru says:

I am having problems importing projects with Maven 3.3.3 using IDEA 14.1.4 on Mac 10.10.5(Yosemite). Are there any known issues?

9. Nanda says:

Same, I’m having same issue you guys mentioned above.
    IDEA 14.1.4