IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2.5 Update is Available

Posted on by Andrey Cheptsov

We’ve just released IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2.5. In addition to bugfixes, it brings the support for macOS Sierra.

As usual, you can get this update either from our website, or via the Check for Updates command right your current IntelliJ IDEA installation, or you could try an alternative and use JetBrains Toolbox App, which has recently been made available as RC.

This brand new way has the advantage that you can use it to manage any of JetBrains IDE you have installed, not just IntelliJ IDEA, from a simple desktop tool.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

12 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2.5 Update is Available

1. Dino Fancellu says:

October 20, 2016

And it still doesn’t work, just like previous update.

CRC check problem

• Benny says:

October 26, 2016

For me it seems to go well but when it restarts it still is 2016.2.4 and it wants to update again.

2. Manoj Khanna says:

October 21, 2016

Failed to download patch file:
    Cannot download ‘http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/IC-162.2032.8-162.2228.15-patch-win.jar’: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

• Manoj Khanna says:

October 21, 2016

I keep getting this error message every time I try to update.

3. Valentin Nastasache says:

October 24, 2016

The new version is not usable as long as the artifact is missing dependencies when creating exploded war from modules

4. Evan says:

November 3, 2016

My idea which version is 16.2.5 always no response on mac OS sierra,what’s the problem?

5. Jonathan Lowenstern says:

November 10, 2016

I have an strange issue when I run my Grails project and Chrome is launched I have problems with chrome some tabs have black squares and others are totally white, if a close Chrome and reopen it works normal, but every time a run my project happens the same issue… I starts to happen since I updated to macOS Sierra…

6. Lance E Sloan says:

November 22, 2016

I’ve noticed that when I control-click on list items (lists of files, list of actions in keymaps preferences, etc.), the contextual menu appears, then the list below it scrolls up one item, and the option I choose from the menu is applied to the list item below the one I intended.

7. coder694 says:

December 20, 2016

Have you imported required site certificate in the JRE/JDK you are using? Certificates should present inside jre/lib/cacert inorder to work with ssl based urls properly. For me that was the issue.