IntelliJ IDEA 2017.1.2 Update is Available

The just-out IntelliJ IDEA 2017.1.2 update brings important bugfixes and overall improvements.

Among notable changes:

• JUnit 5 M4 support (incl. running parametrized tests)
  • Support for the new Typescript 2.3 language features (e.g. for await)
  • An important fix for the freeze while editing Gradle build files

For the complete list of changes, see the release notes.

Get it via Help | Check for Updates | Download and install, or let the Toolbox App do it for you!

UPDATE: If you download Windows “.zip” bundle, Kaspersky and some other antiviruses may flag “jre32\bin\unpack200.exe” as a virus. We’re investigating this issue. The workaround is to use “.exe” bundle and not to choose 32-bit JRE.

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Part-time dreamer. JVM/JavaScript geek. IntelliJIDEA Marketing Manager at JetBrains.
This entry was posted in Releases and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 2017.1.2 Update is Available

1. Dariusz Kordonski says:

When trying to run tests with deps on JUnit5 M3 in 2017.1.2 I get:

Eception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/junit/jupiter/api/TestTemplate

Does it mean JUnit5 M3 is no longer supported?

2. Mathieu says:

Not working …
    NoClassDefFoundError: org/junit/jupiter/api/TestTemplate …
    “add all launcher jars to the classpath manually” !!!! why ???

3. Kamen says:

I just got unpack200 deleted by Kaspersky, and I was still using the EXE version

4. Stephan Windmüller says:

IDEA 2017.1.1 reports that there is no update available. The toolbox app displays an error: “Can not connect to server”.

5. Andre Artus says:

A whole slew of plugins are giving an error due to the “Database Tools and SQL” being disabled. I re-enabled it, but then began a cascade of disabling, re-starting IDEA, and re-enabling plugins until I got to my previous setup. I have it working now, but that was quite annoying.

6. Dmitry says:

Can’t update to 2017.1.2:
    macOS Sierra 10.12.1
    Connection error
    Failed to prepare an update: Cannot download ‘https://download.jetbrains.com/idea/IC-171.4073.35-171.4249.39-patch-mac.jar’: Network is unreachable.
    The same issue on Ubuntu 17.04 in different network.

7. Oleg says:

IntelliJ 2017.1.2 is not usable. It hangs when I try to edit some TypeScript files in an Angular 2+ project. I’ve tried various solutions, incl. this one: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-170207 No luck. I also saw, there are many posts with the same problem, just do a google search “IntelliJ 2017.1 hangs”.

8. Rafael says:

Trying to update from a previous version, a bit confused on how the update works:

So I download the new version setup file. However, the update does not let me install in the same folder, which is what I usually do on ANY software. Why have multiple folders of the same thing? When I try to install the new version on the same folder, it tells me the folder needs to be empty.

Does this mean, on every update I have to uninstall the previous version and THEN install the new version every time? If so, its not practical but its fine if this is the way to update a new version. Please let me know if this is the case, thank you!