IntellIJ IDEA 2017.1.1 Update is Available

If you haven’t yet upgraded to IntelliJ IDEA 2017.1 , there’s all the more reason to do it now: a just-released, more stable and faster v2017.1.1 update.

Major bugfixes:

• Better font rendering on Linux
  • Find in Path usability improvements
  • Various Gradle support errors

Major new features:

• Manual columns reordering in Git Log
  • Better completion for package.json fields
  • Support for function-based indices in Oracle and Postgres

For the complete list of changes, refer to the release notes.

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Part-time dreamer. JVM/JavaScript geek. IntelliJIDEA Marketing Manager at JetBrains.
This entry was posted in New Features, Releases and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to IntellIJ IDEA 2017.1.1 Update is Available

1. Mx says:

I’m not sure what you changed, but my fonts on Linux look completely wrong now. Is there any way to revert to the old behaviour?

2. Tim says:

Thank you for fixing the font rendering on linux!

3. Adelle says:

I will give it a try soon! I am working on a project and don’t wanna ruin it with a new install.

4. Martin says:

Disappointed to see that external logs, defined in Run/Debug Configuration “Log” tab are still not opening in 2017.1.x

5. You introduced a new bug, I guess while fixing the Linux font rendering.

High DPI scaling support on Windows 10 ( Surface Pro ) is broken since update.
    IDE gui renders unusable small.

I hope you will release a fix soon.

6. yf says:

How would I install a new update?

When I click on the Download button within IntelliJ, it brings me to https://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/IDEADEV/IDEA+2017.1+EAP?fromIDE, which is an EAP release. Am I meant to download the latest version from https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/#section=windows and install it that way?

Thanks!

• Rafael says:

Any help on this? Another question is that the update does not let me install in the same folder. So does this mean, on every update I have to uninstall the previous version and THEN install the new version every time? If so, its not practical but its fine if this is the way to update a new version.

*** When I try to install the new version on the same folder, it tells me the folder needs to be empty.

7. at says:

Is it possible to activate the old font rendering behavior on linux?

Was happy with the old one having the “No Antialiasing” option on. The new rendering makes the IDE absolutely unusable for me.

• Alexey Ushakov says:

Could you provide more info on your setup (Linux version, desktop, fonts in IDE you’re using) and post screenshots with incorrect font rendering. Here is the issue that you can use to provide the info above (https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/JRE-303). Also, you can try this option -Djava2d.font.loadFontConf=true via Help->Edit Custom VM Options

8. Ivan says:

> Better font rendering on Linux

This doesn’t look like better.

• Alexey Ushakov says:

Could you provide more info about your configuration: Linux version, desktop and particular font that you use in the editor

9. John says:

I get a “Connection Error: Failed to prepare an update: Temp directory inside installation: /idea2017.1/system/tmp/patch-update”

There is a file patch.jar file of 20M in the above directory. I am currently on stable 2017.1