IntellIJ IDEA 2017.1.1 Update is Available

Posted on by Andrey Cheptsov

If you haven’t yet upgraded to IntelliJ IDEA 2017.1 , there’s all the more reason to do it now: a just-released, more stable and faster v2017.1.1 update.

Major bugfixes:

• Better font rendering on Linux
  • Find in Path usability improvements
  • Various Gradle support errors

Major new features:

• Manual columns reordering in Git Log
  • Better completion for package.json fields
  • Support for function-based indices in Oracle and Postgres

For the complete list of changes, refer to the release notes.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

18 Responses to IntellIJ IDEA 2017.1.1 Update is Available

1. Mx says:

April 12, 2017

I’m not sure what you changed, but my fonts on Linux look completely wrong now. Is there any way to revert to the old behaviour?

• Alexey Ushakov says:

April 26, 2017

What’s particularly wrong for you? Could you share screenshots? Also, you can try this option -Djava2d.font.loadFontConf=true via Help->Edit Custom VM Options

• Nate says:

April 26, 2017

Same here, it messed the fonts up

2. Tim says:

April 12, 2017

Thank you for fixing the font rendering on linux!

3. Adelle says:

April 12, 2017

I will give it a try soon! I am working on a project and don’t wanna ruin it with a new install.

4. Martin says:

April 12, 2017

Disappointed to see that external logs, defined in Run/Debug Configuration “Log” tab are still not opening in 2017.1.x

5. Norman Eckstein says:

April 15, 2017

You introduced a new bug, I guess while fixing the Linux font rendering.

High DPI scaling support on Windows 10 ( Surface Pro ) is broken since update.
    IDE gui renders unusable small.

I hope you will release a fix soon.

6. yf says:

April 17, 2017

How would I install a new update?

When I click on the Download button within IntelliJ, it brings me to https://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/IDEADEV/IDEA+2017.1+EAP?fromIDE, which is an EAP release. Am I meant to download the latest version from https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/#section=windows and install it that way?

Thanks!

• Rafael says:

May 9, 2017

Any help on this? Another question is that the update does not let me install in the same folder. So does this mean, on every update I have to uninstall the previous version and THEN install the new version every time? If so, its not practical but its fine if this is the way to update a new version.

*** When I try to install the new version on the same folder, it tells me the folder needs to be empty.

7. at says:

April 18, 2017

Is it possible to activate the old font rendering behavior on linux?

Was happy with the old one having the “No Antialiasing” option on. The new rendering makes the IDE absolutely unusable for me.

• Alexey Ushakov says:

April 26, 2017

Could you provide more info on your setup (Linux version, desktop, fonts in IDE you’re using) and post screenshots with incorrect font rendering. Here is the issue that you can use to provide the info above (https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/JRE-303). Also, you can try this option -Djava2d.font.loadFontConf=true via Help->Edit Custom VM Options

8. Ivan says:

April 18, 2017

> Better font rendering on Linux

This doesn’t look like better.

• Alexey Ushakov says:

April 26, 2017

Could you provide more info about your configuration: Linux version, desktop and particular font that you use in the editor

9. John says:

April 19, 2017

I get a “Connection Error: Failed to prepare an update: Temp directory inside installation: /idea2017.1/system/tmp/patch-update”

There is a file patch.jar file of 20M in the above directory. I am currently on stable 2017.1

• Gang Yang says:

April 28, 2017

Same situation!

• Andy says:

May 18, 2017

Same for me! Did any of you managed to solve it?

• Val says: