IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3.3 is released

Zlata Kalyuzhnaya

Today we’ve released IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3.3, the third bug-fix update for the recently released IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3. Download the new version from our website or get the update using Toolbox App.

This update includes a lot of fixes and improvements. Check out the release notes to see the full list of issues fixed with this update. In this blog post, we’re just going to mention quickly the most notable ones.

• The Tool Window docking issue has been fixed: IDEA-149061.
  • The Gradle import is performed in the background: IDEA-180044, IDEA-183647, IDEA-179200.
  • The ability to pause the terminal output: IDEA-140061.
  • Now the IDE correctly resolves the dependency with the “bundle” type: IDEA-117578.
  • Fixed an issue which caused the loss of all run configurations: IDEA-182966.
  • Now the Flatten Modules option is also available from the Project Tool Window: IDEA-183022.
  • Now, after selecting a branch, the Merge from… action invokes the Select Merge Variant dialog: IDEA-182963.

Also, a new 1.8.0_152-release-1024-b11 JDK version for x86_64 fixes the following bugs:

• Low-resolution application icon loading on Windows with HiDPI displays JRE-580.
  • Crash of the 32-bit version on Windows JRE-590.

Enhancement in the REST Client, a new auto-formatting of request results feature has been implemented. Now the IDE can analyze Content-Type and formats the response accordingly.

As always, your feedback is very much appreciated, please report all found issues to our issue tracker without hesitation.

If you want to receive our latest news, follow us on Twitter.

Happy developing!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

18 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3.3 is released

1. David says:

January 16, 2018

“Spring: the Field injection warning inspection works correctly again: IDEA-178523.”
    Just checked in 2017.3.3 and this does not seem to be resolved.

• Zlata Kalyuzhnaya says:

January 17, 2018

Hi David, thank you for your valuable reply.
      I’ll check and come back with more information as soon as possible!

2. Ralph says:

January 17, 2018

I’ve updated to 2017.3.3 using the Toolbox app but I can not seem to find the ‘Flatten Modules’ option in the ‘Project Tool Window’. Is it an additional entry in the menu also showing ‘Flatten Packages?’

• Zlata Kalyuzhnaya says:

January 18, 2018

The ‘Flatten Modules’ option in the ‘Project Tool Window’ is available only when needed. It appears when you have a project with the several modules on the top level.

• Ralph says:

January 22, 2018

Yes, that’s exactly why I could not wait to use the ‘Flatten Modules’ option. I did not try to figure out what exactly was wrong, but deleting the .idea folder and let this get re-created introduced the ‘Flatten Modules’ option in the ‘Project Tool Window’ for me.

3. Dimitri says:

January 17, 2018

Updating from 2017.2, I miss the “Browser”-Icon to go to the started up (Spring Boot) WebApplication at the specified port in the Debug-Window 🙁

• Konstantin Aleev says:

January 18, 2018

Yes, the action was removed from toolbar. It is still able to open the started application in Browser if you use Run Dashboard: link is located next to run configuration node in the tree. Also you can use navigation from the request mappings table which is located under Endpoints tab.

• Dimitri says:

January 19, 2018

Thanks, Konstantin. Unfortunately I can’t find any of those possibilities when I run a single module Spring Boot application. I just click debug and no Run Dashboard appears, only ‘5: Debug’. I don’t see why the Browse-Button was removed, I thought JetBrains likes simplicity and I didn’t see any simpler way to open the web-browser from that button. I hope to be lucky enough to see that button re-appear again some time.

• Christian Tzolov says:

January 26, 2018

I concur the same experience.
          After the update the Run-Dashboard is gone when opening ew projects.
          Furthermore I could not find a configuration option that would allow me to re-enable it?

• Konstantin Aleev says:

January 26, 2018

Run Dashboard supports different run configuration types since 2017.3. In order to configure it you should add Spring Boot to the Run Dashboard Types list in the Run/Debug Configurations dialog. You can find the list at the right panel after selecting ‘Defaults’ node. Please follow the detailed instruction in our blogpost about JUnit support: https://blog.jetbrains.com/idea/2017/11/intellij-idea-2017-3-junit-support/

• Konstantin Aleev says:

January 26, 2018

Dimitri, thank you for your feedback. Indeed ‘Open in Browser’ is handy action and it should be available even if user don’t use Run Dashboard. We returned the action, you can find it on the toolbar related to Mappings tab (under Endpoints). It is available in the latest 2018.1 EAP.

• Dimitri says:

January 26, 2018

Awesome news. You’re the best, thank you very much!

4. Raymond Huisman says:

January 19, 2018

Comprehension of Scala is still not perfect. See https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/SCL-12302 for example.

5. Kimi says:

January 22, 2018

Did you fix the Android layout preview problems in this version?
    I mean the problem that it’s not refreshing automatically.

6. Amartel says:

January 22, 2018

Does this include a fix for KT-21610?

7. park kye tae says:

August 17, 2018

install error
    C:/DOCUME~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/intel/HAXM/6.0.1/silent/setup.exe는
    올바른Win32응용 프로그램이 아닙니다.

Error launching Studio
    Could not find main class com/intellj/idea/Main

-WinXP

8. Rimsha yawar says:

January 25, 2019

I am facing trouble to find JDK in program file, there is only jetbrains no java folder for JDK and JRE.