IntelliJ IDEA 2019.3.1 Is Out

Posted on by Zlata Kalyuzhnaya

Today we’re following up on the recently released IntelliJ IDEA 2019.3 with a more polished IntelliJ IDEA 2019.3.1, which is available for download.

Download IntelliJ IDEA 2019.3.1 from our website, update via the Toolbox App or from inside the IDE, or use snaps (on Ubuntu).

Here’s a short list of the most notable changes this first bug-fix update has to offer:

• Focus is not lost when you close a tool window and the editor tabs are in Split mode: IDEA-227102.
  • Focus is now returned to the editor after closing the Commit dialog: IDEA-227732.
  • Fixed the regression with the IDE hanging when performing a Subversion action: IDEA-224516.
  • Fixed a regression that prevented the Local Tomcat Service run configuration from waiting for a maven build to complete: IDEA-224676.
  • Properties of IDE panels are now saved: IDEA-223706.
  • The outputFilenameMapping property of maven-ear-plugin is now supported: IDEA-200439.

With this minor update, we have also updated both JetBrains Runtime 11 (default) and JetBrains Runtime 8 (optional).

JBR 11 (default) was updated to 11.0.5+10-b520.17 with the following changes included:

• JetBrains Runtime was rebased on top of OpenJDK 11.0.5.
  • Fixed the issue that caused a significant delay when changing the button states: JBR-1967.

JBR 8 was updated to 1.8.0_232-release-1621-b6:

• JetBrains Runtime was rebased on top of OpenJDK 8u223.

For the full list of addressed issues, please see the IDE release notes and the JRE release notes.

We appreciate any feedback! Please don’t hesitate to report any issues you encounter to our issue tracker.

Happy Developing!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

8 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 2019.3.1 Is Out

1. wener says:

December 25, 2019

2019.3 maybe the worst version I’ve used since 2014. Want to report bugs, but not so easy to explain what I got into. After force quite, start again, things works. Folder sync feel so bad, just can not sync with disk. Even ToolBox install slower!! Kind of tired to open intellij related ides, try to use VSC more :<

2. Alexander Kriegisch says:

January 9, 2020

Did you change anything in the plugin API? Suddenly “Spock Framework Enhancements” (https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/7114-spock-framework-enhancements/, no longer actively maintained) which used to work without plugin updates for years stops working, see also https://github.com/cholick/idea-spock-enhancements/issues/38.

Do you have any hint how to repair that plugin? I have never developed a plugin for IDEA, but need the Spock plugin and would give it a try to fix it if I knew where to begin.

• Dmitry Jemerov says:

January 9, 2020

Yes, the API did change (as it does in basically every version). I’ve left a comment on that issue with some more information.

3. Juan says:

January 9, 2020

I’m using Intellij IDEA Community Edition.
    With this new version, I have this message before update from 2019.2.4 to 2019.3.1.
    “Plugin incompatible with the new build found: Kotlin”

Can I update?

• Dmitry Jemerov says:

January 9, 2020

Yes, you can. IntelliJ IDEA 2019.3 bundles a compatible version of the Kotlin plugin.

4. Marius says:

January 9, 2020

The temporary debug configurations for PHP are not working anymore in the new version.
    I use them all the time as it’s a hassle to setup individual debug configurations for each and every script I want to debug. I was forced to revert to the previous version.

5. Jukka says:

January 10, 2020

For whatever it’s worth, in the past 6 – 12 months, there have been two new releases that were so unuseable that I had to go back to the earlier version.

So now I’m hesitant to update to any new version.

Please make an effort to improve stability. IDEA used to work just fine since forever.. but now, not so much.

6. Pengfei.Daniel says:

January 14, 2020

Hi Team,
    Could you please confirm if this issue will be fixed in 2019.3.2?
    It’s about the Command + ~ not working, for now I’m using 2019.3.1 and it’s so inconvenient when switching among several open projects.

Thank you!