IntelliJ IDEA 2021.1 EAP 2: Quality Enhancements
The second week of the 2021.1 EAP brings UI changes and product-wide fixes. You can download the new EAP from our website, get it from the free Toolbox App, or update using snaps if you’re an Ubuntu user.
Without further ado, let’s get started! Here the most notable updates for EAP 2:
- When several tabs that split the editor vertically are open, you can double click them and maximize the editor window for each one. [IDEA-82829]
- Fixed the position of the Git Branches popup. [IDEA-237387]
- Fixed missing VCS mnemonics in the menu bar. [IDEA-251017]
- It is now possible to copy a file from another branch in the Compare with branch dialog. To do so, select the file you want to copy and click on the new down-arrow icon next to Show diff. [IDEA-156485]
- Fixed the terminal width limitation. [IDEA-260566]
- Fixed some build failures on Apple Silicon. [IDEA-257549]
- Added a new inspection that highlights http:// protocol usages in strings and offers a quick fix to change them to https://. It is enabled by default. You can add URLs to the list of ignored URLs or disable the inspection for the whole project or parts of it in Preferences/Settings | Editor | Inspections | Security – Link with unencrypted protocol. [IJP-999]
- Fixed dialog boxes so their color syncs with the IDE theme currently in use. [DEA-255620]
- When you don’t get any search results in the Search Everywhere dialog, you can click the Find in Files link to open a dialog and continue your search using different scopes. [IDEA-256078
All other changes for this EAP build are in the release notes.
We encourage you to join the Early Access Program by downloading the new EAP build and trying it out. It’s a great opportunity to start benefiting from the latest fixes and enhancements to the IDE features. Stay tuned for more updates, and please share your feedback in the comments of this post or on our issue tracker.