IntelliJ IDEA Conf: Celebrating Two Decades of Productive Development
Read this post in other languages:
This year, your favorite IDE, IntelliJ IDEA, turns 20. We are celebrating this momentous milestone by hosting our first ever IntelliJ IDEA Conf on February 25–26, 2021!
We invite you all to attend this two-day event, hosted by the creators and developers of IntelliJ IDEA. You’ll get the inside scoop on the evolution of IntelliJ IDEA; its features and how to use them; tips, tricks and best practices; and much more.
Check out the event page for details.
IntelliJ IDEA Conf is a two-day event with 14 sessions given by 17 speakers. The sessions will run from 10:00 CET to 17:00 CET on both the days. Each session will last one hour, and there will not be any breaks between the sessions.
You can check out the program for a detailed agenda and information about the speakers.
Here’s a quick list of the sessions, presented in the order in which they will take place:
Day 1 – Thursday, February 25, 2021
- 10:00 CET – Keynote, by Maxim Shafirov and Valentin Kipyatkov
- 11:00 CET – Debugger: A Hidden Gem, by Egor Ushakov
- 12:00 CET – UI/ UX in IntelliJ IDEA, by Olga Berdnikova and Alina Mishina
- 13:00 CET – Data Flow Analysis in IntelliJ IDEA: How the IDE Perceives Your Code, by Tagir Valeev
- 14:00 CET – Why Do Developers Love IntelliJ IDEA?, by Trisha Gee
- 15:00 CET – How We Support New Technologies, Languages, and Frameworks in IntelliJ IDEA by Yuriy Artamonov
- 16:00 CET – IntelliJ IDEA Spring Tips & Tricks From The Trenches, by Marco Behler
Day 2 – Friday, February 26, 2021
- 10:00 CET – IntelliJ IDEA Tips and Tricks 2021, by Hadi Hariri
- 11:00 CET – What We Mean When We Talk About Developer Productivity, by Dmitry Jemerov
- 12:00 CET – Code With Me – Behind the Scenes, by Kirill Skrygan
- 13:00 CET – How the Language Support in IntelliJ IDEA Evolved, by Volodya Dolzhenko and Anton Yalyshev
- 14:00 CET – Keeping Pace with the Newer Java Versions, by Mala Gupta
- 15:00 CET – Indexing, or How We Made Indexes Shared and Fast, by Eugene Petrenko
- 16:00 CET – Version Control in an IDE – What Should It Look Like?, by Dmitriy Smirnov
Who is this event for?
This conference is for all JVM developers, irrespective of whether they are using IntelliJ IDEA or not.
The sessions in this conference will help existing IntelliJ IDEA users become more productive in their favorite IDE. Others can discover why IntelliJ IDEA is one of the most popular IDEs for enterprise JVM development.
The sessions vary in their content, including explorations of the thought processes behind decisions, detailed hands-on sessions, presentations on tips and tricks, and much more. We are sure you’ll be able to find sessions that interest you.
When you register to attend this event, you can choose whether to attend all sessions or only specific ones. Once your registration is complete, JetBrains will email you all the details you will need to view the sessions.
One of the best parts of attending a live event is that you can ask the speaker questions. For this event, you’ll be able to simply type your questions into the chat channel while you’re watching the presentations on the day of the event. We have asked the speakers to address the questions toward the end of their sessions.
All the sessions will be recorded and available after the event. Don’t forget to subscribe to IntelliJ IDEA’s YouTube channel to view them.
Community partnership with User Groups
For this conference, we invite User Groups to partner with us.
The partnership process is simple. Use this form to submit the name and email address of your User Group’s leader, the User Group’s name and logo, and the link to which you’d like us to include on the website. That’s all you need to do, and we’ll add your group to our main event page: https://www.jetbrains.com/lp/intellijidea-20-anniversary/
As a community outreach partner, you can create Meetup events for your JUG members, or you can reshare our posts from your social media handles.
Just in case you are not aware, JetBrains’ Free License Program supports User Groups across the globe. As a User Group Leader, you can participate in this program to receive free licenses for JetBrains products to raffle off at your meetups.
Don’t miss the chance to communicate with us on social media. We’ll be using the hashtags #IntelliJIDEAConf and #IJ20Bday on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn throughout the event.
This is a unique opportunity to learn something new about IntelliJ IDEA and its features from the creators themselves with lots to take away. Register now so that we can keep you posted about the event and notify you if there are any changes.