New Tutorial: Configuring Your Settings/Preferences in IntelliJ IDEA
When you first started working with IntelliJ IDEA, you were probably keen to understand where and how you could configure the IDE and change the settings. Even if you had been using IntelliJ IDEA for a while, you might not have had the opportunity to look at configuring the IDE in detail.
To help you do that, we’ve created a new tutorial on the IntelliJ IDEA Guide.
We all need to tailor our tools to suite our personal needs and those of our team. This tutorial will help you find the settings you need, change them, and subsequently share them.
This new guide talking head format breaks down the video into individual sections. Each section is a small stand-alone video with a screen share as we walk through different areas of settings in IntelliJ IDEA and what you can do there. There are some screenshots as well, so you can follow along. Each video is no more than a few minutes long, and of course, you can speed the video up if you just want a refresher.
In the tutorial we talk about the following topics:
- Configuring your Project Structure
- Configuring your Preferences (macOS), Settings (Windows/Linux)
- Using Search Everywhere to configure IntelliJ IDEA
- Sharing your IntelliJ IDEA configuration with your other instances of IntelliJ IDEA
- Approaches for sharing IntelliJ IDEA configuration across your team
As you’d expect, we’ve added appropriate links to the IntelliJ IDEA documentation throughout the tutorial.