IntelliJ IDEA 2021.2 Goes Beta!
This build includes all the changes we introduced earlier in our recent EAP blog posts. It also delivers a highly-anticipated update: Async Profiler now works for users of Macs with M1 chips! Try it out!
We’ll spend the next few weeks polishing the would-be release version, which means there is still time to report any bugs you find to our issue tracker and give us feedback on these updates.
Here are the key features of v2021.2:
- Project-wide analysis for Java projects
- Actions triggered on save
- New UI for managing Maven and Gradle dependencies
- Changes to pre-commit checks
- GPG signature for commits
- Quick access to Eclipse projects
- Automatic download of shared indexes for new Spring Boot projects
- Automated migration from Java EE to Jakarta EE
- Advanced IDE settings
- Visibility-based color settings for public, protected, and private Java members (methods, fields, and classes)
We hope these additions will help with your daily coding in IntelliJ IDEA. Tell us what you think!