Join the Kotlin Multiplatform Contest and Win a Trip to KotlinConf’23!
Calling all students and recent graduates who love to code in Kotlin! Showcase your creativity by building a Kotlin Multiplatform project using the technology that will help shape the future. If your entry makes it into the top 3, you’ll win a trip to KotlinConf’23, the Kotlin event of the year, with all expenses paid courtesy of the Kotlin Foundation!
- You must be 18 years or older to participate.
- You must be enrolled in an accredited educational program that takes one or more years of full-time study to complete, or have graduated within the last 6 months.
- You can only submit one project.
- The application deadline is January 13, 2023.
- You must read and agree to the complete contest rules.
- Your project must use Kotlin Multiplatform and run on at least two different platforms. While Android and iOS are permitted, you can also look for more interesting and inspiring options.
- The project can be on any topic of your choice. We’ll judge it based on the creativity of your idea and how it is reinforced by Kotlin Multiplatform.
- The project must be individual. It’s fine to use other open-source projects, but each project must have a single author.
Each of 3 winners will get an all-expenses-paid KotlinConf’23 participant package, which includes travel, accommodation, and cool Kotlin swag.
Not only that, but everyone who submits a working application will receive neat prizes, too!
How to use Kotlin Multiplatform
To learn more about Kotlin Multiplatform and get some practice, check out the resources below:
- 📖 Kotlin Multiplatform official documentation
- 🧙 Multiplatform project wizard
- 👩🚀 PeopleInSpace – multiplatform sample projects
- 🦄 More samples of multiplatform mobile projects
- 🧩 Multiplatform mobile project step-by-step tutorial
- 👩🏫 A Full Stack Web App with Kotlin Multiplatform – a hands-on tutorial
Consider also joining our Kotlin Multiplatform community in the #multiplatform Slack channel, where you can ask questions and meet fellow contestants.
Good luck! We’re looking forward to receiving and running your applications!
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Kotlin for WebAssembly Goes Alpha
Kotlin/Wasm is in Alpha! Continue reading to explore the capabilities of this technology.
News Digest: Kotlin Multiplatform Special
Catch up on all the highlights in our news digest dedicated to the stories in the Kotlin Multiplatform ecosystem.
Tackle Advent of Code 2023 With Kotlin and Win Prizes!
Unwrap the joy of coding challenges as we gear up for Advent of Code, which JetBrains is proud to be sponsoring for a third consecutive year! Starting December 1, the JetBrains community will be diving into 25 days of coding challenges at adventofcode.com, and we warmly invite you to participate using Kotlin.