AppCode 3.0 Release Candidate

Anastasia Kazakova

Hello everyone,

AppCode 3.0 is just around the corner, and so today we’d like to introduce you the Release Candidate.

AppCode 3.0 RC is available for download on our confluence page. Since it’s a release candidate build, there is no patch-update from the previous EAP version. And also please note that this RC build requires an active AppCode license or is available for 30 day evaluation.

Here we would also like to say ‘thank you’ for all your feedback, suggestions and issues placed in our tracker during the EAP time. We appreciate this dialog greatly and hope the new 3.0 AppCode release will make you more productive in your development.

Yours,
The AppCode Team.

Comments below can no longer be edited.

7 Responses to AppCode 3.0 Release Candidate

1. Waqy says:

May 16, 2014

I’m debating whether I should take the plunge and purchase AppCode or wait for the c++ IDE. There are no public EAP for the c++ ide yet, and it would be helpful if there was some update from jetbrains.
    I’m primarily a c++ and python developer and already extensively use pyCharm.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

May 16, 2014

We are working on C++ IDE but we don’t have any particular dates for the public EAP at this point so I would suggest you to use AppCode for now. The language support (C and C++) in both IDEs is the same. So it’s just the matter of tool chains and platforms availability.

2. Antoni says:

May 20, 2014

Are there any more works on UI designer planned still? Currently it’s not really usable, especially when you are using AutoLayout – it’s still not supported as I can say, and also most of my views that I have created in XCode are rendered incorrectly

• Anton Makeev says:

May 20, 2014

Yes, we will continue improving the designer and bringing more functionality into it.
      Meanwhile we very much appreciate your bug repots about incorrect rendering and behavior in our public tracker.

3. Tony Arnold says:

May 20, 2014

Guys, why did you turn on code signing for the Info.plist? I can’t modify the JVM settings anymore 🙁

• Anton Makeev says:

May 20, 2014

Tony, we do not recommend to change settings directly in Info.plist; you can change them according to the instructions.
      Also, changing JDK is strongly not recommended, since non-Apple JDKs have known issues with MacRoman encoding that may break your pbxproj files.

• Tony Arnold says:

May 20, 2014

Thanks Anton — that is what I was looking for!