AppCode 3.1 Release Candidate

Posted on by Anastasia Kazakova

AppCode 3.1 Release Candidate (build 139.677) is out today with all the final fixes and improvements!

There’s only a few days left before the official release of AppCode 3.1 with Swift support, and it’s very important for us to get your last feedback on the new features. If you find any bug at all, please file an issue in our tracker.

The build is available for download on our confluence page (since it’s a release candidate build, there is no patch-update from the previous EAP version). Please note that to use AppCode 3.1 RC you need to have an active license (or start a 30-day trial period). To see the list of the issues fixed in this build, please go to the tracker.

Stay tuned not to miss the release, it’s coming closer! And be sure we’ll continue to enhance Swift functionality to deliver more features in the following 3.1.x updates.

Sincerely yours,
The AppCode Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

10 Responses to AppCode 3.1 Release Candidate

1. Antoni says:

December 9, 2014

What changes are being planned?
    Still lots of things seem to be missing, eg:
    – parameters hints (eg. I type in CGRectMake and I just get empty parenthesis, Cmd-P also doesn’t work)
    – autocomplete is just very basic, doesn’t show this “intellisense” that is present in Obj-C, and most of the suggestions are usually complete mess (eg. I type self. and get – looking from top – suggestions like #if , ==, _COLUMN_ etc.)
    – no errors are shown in editor (only in compiler messages)

I hope Swift will not be left in a half-baked, hardly usable state like this (what happened with Interface Builder, which IMO is far from being usable, not to mention useful – it doesn’t even support AutoLayout or .xcassets files, but nothing seems to be being done about it anymore)

2. Antoni says:

December 9, 2014

That’s good to hear.
    Are there any plans to finish Interface Builder? 🙂
    Right now it’s even worse than in AppCode 2.5, as it doesn’t automatically open the file in XCode anymore 🙂

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

December 9, 2014

We are considering it for the future plans, but right now Swift is top priority for the team. Then we’ll see.

• Antoni says:

December 9, 2014

Ya, I understand that Swift support is number one, and I hope it will be soon of equally high quality as support for Obj-C 🙂

• Daniel says:

December 9, 2014

+1 on finishing the UI Designer functionality. Apple dropped a number of significant changes into Xcode / IB over the past year, and Interface Builder is getting more and more feature rich (and difficult to replicate). So I understand why this is probably a lot of work. But, it does seem like a sad wasted effort to have a 60 – 70% complete feature built in to AppCode that I can’t even use 10% of the time, because it just hasn’t cleared the usable-for-real-work bar yet.

3. John says:

December 9, 2014

Hi – I’m wondering if this is just not implemented for 3.1, or if it’s something that’s not working with my particular project setup. No Obj-C code can be resolved inside a Swift class, i.e. cmd+click, and code completion etc. don’t work. I’m assuming this is just not included in 3.1, but thought I’d check in case it’s only in my project.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

December 9, 2014

3.1 includes Swift-to-Swift resolve and Swift code in Objective-C resolve. Obj-C in Swift is not ready yet, so not going to be included into v3.1. But will come later with some 3.1.x update most probably.

• John says:

December 9, 2014

Awesome – thanks!

4. Nik says:

December 10, 2014

Hmm, I guess I won’t be renewing my license for the moment. I’ve switched to Swift exclusively, and AppCode is just not there yet.

I’ll definitely be back, though. AppCode is awesome. 🙂 I hope Swift is ready, soon.