AppCode 3.3 EAP, build 143.116

Posted on by Stanislav Dombrovsky

New AppCode 3.3 EAP, build 143.116 is available for download. The patch update is also available if you are using previous 3.3 EAP build.

This build addresses several major problems with unit tests (OC-12481, OC-12425), especially the one with running tests with Xcode 7.1 beta. There are still some major issues with Xcode 7 and 7.1 beta, like missing tvOS simulator (as well as corresponding device), that we are currently investigating. In case you notice any significant problem (especially with Xcode 7.1 beta), please, report it to our tracker. We appreciate your help greatly!

We continue to work on Objective-C generics support and this build includes a fix for an unpleasant problem with parsing protocols as generic arguments or parameter constraints (OC-12395).

As for the Swift language, the indirect modifiers in Swift recursive enums are now supported (that includes correct parsing, highlighting and completion).

indirect

In addition, you can find several UI changes in Default Look&Feel Scheme like updated view for UI spinners, buttons, progress bars and default UI font set to Helvetica Neue Regular. Please, have a look and let us know what you think about these changes.

The full list of improvements can be found here.

Develop with pleasure,
The AppCode Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

18 Responses to AppCode 3.3 EAP, build 143.116

1. Bill A says:

October 9, 2015

New UI tweaks are great!

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

October 10, 2015

Thanks!

2. Igor Nikitin says:

October 9, 2015

Pattern matching still not supported?

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

October 10, 2015

Can you please give some more details to us (some examples we can check)?

• Igor Nikitin says:

October 10, 2015

• Igor Nikitin says:

October 11, 2015

dropbox.com/s/b1pvl9x7uylhx94/Untitled.png?dl=0

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

October 12, 2015

Thanks, we are currently working on it. Follow the ticket (OC-12523) to get the updates.

3. Pat says:

October 9, 2015

The new font looks too large in the project view for my tastes: the file and folder names are much, much larger than I’d expect – so much so that I’m unsure if it’s a bug. I went into the preferences and noticed that when I manually set the font to “Helvetica Neue” size 13 that it shrinks it back to a fairly reasonable size (although I settled on size 12). I don’t know what font weight that is using, so I don’t know if it means the default setting is not being set correctly for me. Should manually setting “Helvetica Neue 13” in the preferences match the default? If so, that’s not happening.

On a different subject, I’d be interested to hear about the priority of this task:

Not having syntax checking really slows me down (because I write a lot of bad code!).

Thanks.

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

October 10, 2015

Font changes here are not final, so it can be changed in future builds. In any case – feel free to submit your opinion to IDEA tracker, cause it’s platform thing.

The main goal for us now is to finish Swift 2 support, so after that we will start to work on syntax inspections. Cannot give any particular estimates for now.

• Pat says:

October 10, 2015

• Bill A says:

October 10, 2015

Is it possible to use the new San Francisco font in AppCode? I don’t see it in the font dropdown.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

October 12, 2015

We are currently working on it, not sure it will be ready before the release – some problems are still present. But we do our best.

4. Michal says:

October 14, 2015

What about smart completion? Doesn’t seem to work at all. Not for methods nor closures…

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

October 14, 2015

Can you please share an example for us to check?

• Michal says:

October 16, 2015

When I type function name or part of it and then TAB I dont’ get parameter names typed in and cannot use TAB to go to next parameter. Also CTRL+SHIFT+SPACE doesn’t work. Same for closures(blocks) CTRL+SHIFT+SPACE doesn’t expand closure with parameter names etc.

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

October 16, 2015

Ok, clear. In this version this feature is not yet implemented and we plan to work on it later. You can track related changes in here https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/OC-11226

5. James Parsons says:

October 14, 2015

Could we get the ability to edit storyboards in AppCode anytime soon? I know it is possible since Xamarin made I possible in MonoDevelop / Visual Studio and I’m sure Jetbrains could do even better.

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

October 14, 2015

I think, we can come back to UI designer development, but not in the near future. For now we have a lot of tasks related to Swift editing experience and especially to Swift refactorings that we need to finish.