AppCode 3.3 EAP, build 143.116

New AppCode 3.3 EAP, build 143.116 is available for download. The patch update is also available if you are using previous 3.3 EAP build.

This build addresses several major problems with unit tests (OC-12481, OC-12425), especially the one with running tests with Xcode 7.1 beta. There are still some major issues with Xcode 7 and 7.1 beta, like missing tvOS simulator (as well as corresponding device), that we are currently investigating. In case you notice any significant problem (especially with Xcode 7.1 beta), please, report it to our tracker. We appreciate your help greatly!

We continue to work on Objective-C generics support and this build includes a fix for an unpleasant problem with parsing protocols as generic arguments or parameter constraints (OC-12395).

As for the Swift language, the indirect modifiers in Swift recursive enums are now supported (that includes correct parsing, highlighting and completion).

indirect

In addition, you can find several UI changes in Default Look&Feel Scheme like updated view for UI spinners, buttons, progress bars and default UI font set to Helvetica Neue Regular. Please, have a look and let us know what you think about these changes.

The full list of improvements can be found here.

Develop with pleasure,
The AppCode Team

This entry was posted in Announcement, Early Access Preview and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to AppCode 3.3 EAP, build 143.116

1. Bill A says:

New UI tweaks are great!

2. Igor Nikitin says:

Pattern matching still not supported?

3. Pat says:

The new font looks too large in the project view for my tastes: the file and folder names are much, much larger than I’d expect – so much so that I’m unsure if it’s a bug. I went into the preferences and noticed that when I manually set the font to “Helvetica Neue” size 13 that it shrinks it back to a fairly reasonable size (although I settled on size 12). I don’t know what font weight that is using, so I don’t know if it means the default setting is not being set correctly for me. Should manually setting “Helvetica Neue 13” in the preferences match the default? If so, that’s not happening.

On a different subject, I’d be interested to hear about the priority of this task:

Not having syntax checking really slows me down (because I write a lot of bad code!).

Thanks.

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

Font changes here are not final, so it can be changed in future builds. In any case – feel free to submit your opinion to IDEA tracker, cause it’s platform thing.

The main goal for us now is to finish Swift 2 support, so after that we will start to work on syntax inspections. Cannot give any particular estimates for now.

4. Michal says:

What about smart completion? Doesn’t seem to work at all. Not for methods nor closures…

5. James Parsons says:

Could we get the ability to edit storyboards in AppCode anytime soon? I know it is possible since Xamarin made I possible in MonoDevelop / Visual Studio and I’m sure Jetbrains could do even better.

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

I think, we can come back to UI designer development, but not in the near future. For now we have a lot of tasks related to Swift editing experience and especially to Swift refactorings that we need to finish.