AppCode 3.3 EAP, build 143.249

Posted on by Stanislav Dombrovsky

New AppCode 3.3 EAP, build 143.249 is available for download. As usual, if you are using previous EAP, you will receive a patch update in the IDE.

You can see the full list of improvements and fixes in our tracker and here are the most notable changes:

Download a new EAP and give it a try. In case you find any problem, please, report it to us.

Develop with pleasure,
The AppCode Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

12 Responses to AppCode 3.3 EAP, build 143.249

1. Mars says:

October 16, 2015

When I create a project with an existing name in the same directory, the whole app hung there…

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

October 16, 2015

Do you mean an issue when “Create new project” dialog goes in front of “Choose directory” dialog and buttons on it does not respond to any click?

2. Hisham says:

October 17, 2015

Hi AppCode Team,

Can you please share with all your customers a rough timeline of the features you are implementing?
    In all honesty, I keep going back to Xcode because AppCode doesn’t seem to be ready yet.
    I know that things take a lot of time and you are doing everything you can to move forward. But, can you please share when?
    Personally, i am interested in:
    Refactoring (extraction, changing method signatures)
    In-code tips (unused methods, unused variables)
    Thanks

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

October 19, 2015

We plan to roll out AppCode 3.3 release in November and currently we are working mostly on stabilisation tasks. After AppCode 3.3 will be released we will discuss future plans with the team and publish an announcement about it. Currently, the main goal after release is to finish Swift 2.0 support and start to work on refactorings, but I can’t give any exact dates for each particular feature for now.

• Paul says:

October 19, 2015

Is there anyway to see the xcodebuild command that AppCode is creating for my project? I just cancelled a build through AppCode after it was still running after 13 mins. I’d be interested in comparing AppCode’s xcodebuild usage with my own command-line builds to see if there’s an obvious reason why it’s so slow through AppCode.

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

October 19, 2015

You can view it via Messages -> Show Build Log (button on the left of tool window)

• Tropper says:

October 20, 2015

Hmm, I used AppCode for the last year on a daily basis for work and I find it far superior then Xcode. I have to admit that it is a still a ObjC only project and I use the EAPs instead of the last stable release.

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

October 20, 2015

We will do your best to make it your default Swift IDE ). Time for new release is November, and after it you will be able to use stable version.

3. Alex says:

October 18, 2015

Hi,

Is there any chance AppCode will catch up to Xcode in build times? Did some basic stopwatch profiling – it’s still over 2x slower, and if I recall correctly even slower for debug builds..

Do builds with Xcode at the moment which is open on the side when need to do a lot.

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

October 19, 2015

We use xcodebuild for building iOS projects, which can be slow at the start of build process, and currently it is the only way for us to build iOS projects. Xcode uses it’s own build system that does not use xcodebuild tool and it can be faster in case of complicated project structure.

Can you please give some more details about your project structure and build phase that takes a lot of time, so we can try to investigate an exact reason for issue with build speed?

4. Arno says:

October 19, 2015

Can you guys give any indication on when the stable release will be out? I am asking because XCode 7 is not officially supported with 3.2, but I could not wait and keep Xcode 6. The changes in XCode 7 are too important for new builds submitted to the app store. Thus, can you give a rough idea of a release date? Or is it worthwhile to install the EAP build in the meantime?

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

October 19, 2015

Current plan is to release in the end of Fall, approximately November. If it is OK for you that EAP can be not stable in some cases – you can give it a try and decide, if you should use it for regular development or if you should wait for upcoming release.